Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm building a track bike, and just installed a set of Armour Bodies race fairings. Although, I had some issues with the two trim pieces that go under the OEM black trim pieces. (See photos.) They stick out really far, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to mount them to get them flush. Had anyone else experienced this? I hear a lot of great things about these fairings, so I was surprised to see this. Thanks in advanced!!

Automotive lighting Vehicle Fuel tank Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the real world of race plastic. You should see what the bad stuff is like. :)
Oh god... I almost went with Hotbodies, but cancelled cause I've heard bad things. Should I just teim those pieces down, or leave them?

·
Director of Moderation
2,641 Posts
Mine fit well in that area. But the front trim piece, I just got rid of it completely. The side ones by the tank fit pretty well though.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
791 Posts
Lacomoto has the best fitting bodywork out there for anyone else looking into doing the same !

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
791 Posts
@Rowdy Fox you can look at the 3 bikes that I have photos of on here,one is hotbodies(💩) other 2 have Lacomoto and everything fits spot on ! well worth the price for less aggravation and sanity !! at the end of the day,it's a track bike...does it really need to be perfect?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Rowdy Fox you can look at the 3 bikes that I have photos of on here,one is hotbodies(💩) other 2 have Lacomoto and everything fits spot on ! well worth the price for less aggravation and sanity !! at the end of the day,it's a track bike...does it really need to be perfect?
That was my thinking, it doesn't need to be pretty, just functional. I do think I found my issue. I might have not mounted the trim piece to the proper frame mount. I'm going to take the pieces off in a few and see.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For what it's worth, also have Armour Bodies and no issues in that area. It was a little clumbsy initially on the coolant overflow side until I switched out the overflow bottle. Oh, I also deleted the evap canister, but I think I had the fairings on before that and it didn't conflict.

My belly pan is a little ... angled. But it sits ok I'm just lazy about relocating holes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For what it's worth, also have Armour Bodies and no issues in that area. It was a little clumbsy initially on the coolant overflow side until I switched out the overflow bottle. Oh, I also deleted the evap canister, but I think I had the fairings on before that and it didn't conflict.

My belly pan is a little ... angled. But it sits ok I'm just lazy about relocating holes.
I haven't mounted the belly pan yet, waiting on some Dzus fasteners. I did fix the trim problem. I just had them mounted wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts