Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to replace the stock exhaust in my Ninja 400 for a long time,. I for sure wanted a slip-on exhaust, something LOUD, and something that cost me $300 max. Obviously I plan to save up for it because I want to get a decent quality exhaust that will definitely last me, I want this to be my first and last exhaust purchase.

After some research, I was deadset on getting the Hindle EVO Megaphone, which was the loudest one I could find in my price range:

Decent quality and just the sound I was looking for.

However, my friend told me that the Hindle one was EXCESSIVELY loud, I want to be loud, but not TOO obnoxious. So I was given some suggestions to check out the brand "DanMoto", he said that their exhausts are much cheaper and just about the same quality. So the one I ended up looking at was the Danmoto MK2 Slip-On:

I realize this was more ideal as it was:
1. Cheaper than the Hindle
2. Slimmer/more low profile/lighter than the Hindle, something that I realized I wanted as well
3. Maybe just as loud as a Hindle.
4. Has a mostly black/carbon finish compared to the mostly silver Hindle

However, as previously mentioned, I wanted something that would LAST me, and be of good quality. After reading the reviews for the Danmoto, many people said they received broken/worn parts and others had to makeshift the mounting as they did not provide the correct mounting. Other than that, the exhaust was still fairly good and loud.

This took me to find the next exhaust, the LeoVince GP Corsa EVO:

Also very loud as well, slim profile, and carbon/black color that I prefer. However, it is closer to the price to the upper-range Hindle. Though this is probably a given considering it is the well-known brand name of Leo Vince.

So now for my final dilemma. Should I save a bit of money and go for the Danmoto exhaust, and risk the possibility that it MAY not last me as long or be as good quality. OR, should I dish out the extra $100 and go for the LeoVince? What do you guys know about the brand/quality? Would it REALLY be worth the price? And would it be louder or be vetter performance-wise by any chance due to the increase in quality? Thanks for your time.

DarkTecky is online now Report Post

·
Super Moderator
1,014 Posts
With a slip-on, you are not really changing performance. I have heard of Danmotto, but I don't know anything about them. Hindle and LV are really good quality, I am sure you can search through the thread here to find some experiences with both of them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you made a decision on which slip on to go with?

I am in the same boat. I originally wanted the LV 10 but heard it louder then the video sounds....

So now I'm on the fence about the gp corsa or the gp corsa evo...

It looks to me that the corsa and evo are the same exact exhaust except for the black tip end that is on the evo..

Design , shape , muffler exit all look the same... anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
@DarkTecky Fitting a slip on is probably one of the most common mods to the bike and hence the most commonly asked question about which one to go with. Problem is, unlike say trying on a helmet, it's pretty much impossible to do a side by side comparison unless you happen to have a heap of mates close by all with Ninja 400's sporting different exhausts!

So it's a bit of a gamble but you can try searching on here using the search box function and looking under the Exhausts and Headers section of the Forum: Exhaust And Headers

In the early days of the forum when the traffic was less I did try to organise slip on posts into brand specific threads to aid with searches, but we are past the point of critical mass now with 1800 posts in Exhausts and Headers section alone. So there's bits and pieces everywhere.

I could bleat on for hours about the virtues of my Scorpion slip on and others will do the same regarding theirs so good luck sifting out the bias from the fact but hopefully you come away feeling better informed about your choices.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a HINDLE full EVO. Even with the db reducer insert it's loud. I don't care b/c it's for the track only. It's alot louder then my GSX-R 750 track bike with a full Yosh exhaust. At idle it's not to bad. Very lumpy exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I have a HINDLE full EVO. Even with the db reducer insert it's loud. I don't care b/c it's for the track only. It's alot louder then my GSX-R 750 track bike with a full Yosh exhaust. At idle it's not to bad. Very lumpy exhaust note.
I can attest to that. I got the Hindle as my first attempt at a slip on. I was way too loud for me so I ordered the DB reducer. It quieted it down a little, but was still too loud. I then got a Delkevic 13" oval with the sound insert and to me it's perfect. It still has the deep rumble, but not at the high volume as the Hindle.

Exhaust sounds are very subjective and you don't really know until you've heard them in person.
I've heard a few other exhausts in person on the N400. The Coffmans on is borderline obnoxious! The Two Bros is also very loud and deep with a little higher pitch. The Akrapovic carbon is probably my favorite and I'd say its a nice balanced sound with a deep growl but not too loud. I may just splurge and get one eventually...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I can attest to that. I got the Hindle as my first attempt at a slip on. I was way too loud for me so I ordered the DB reducer. It quieted it down a little, but was still too loud. I then got a Delkevic 13" oval with the sound insert and to me it's perfect. It still has the deep rumble, but not at the high volume as the Hindle.

Exhaust sounds are very subjective and you don't really know until you've heard them in person.
I've heard a few other exhausts in person on the N400. The Coffmans on is borderline obnoxious! The Two Bros is also very loud and deep with a little higher pitch. The Akrapovic carbon is probably my favorite and I'd say its a nice balanced sound with a deep growl but not too loud. I may just splurge and get one eventually...
The Delkevic 13" oval does have a nice note. I had a similar experience to you with my CBR300. Started off with a LV GP Corsa which was too loud and high pitched (plus reliability/build issues) then fitted the Delkevic and it was exactly what I had been looking for right from the start. Arguably not the sexiest of things but it had the right note.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm a little late as the first post was two months ago. But I'd like to point out that there are a lot of YouTube videos featuring different exhausts on the N or Z 400s. While recording equipment varies, I was able to link my phone to my stereo system and get the best sound that I can on my end.

As Kiwi Rider pointed out, there's a ton of info on exhausts here, and many folks have posted YouTube links within the threads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been looking to replace the stock exhaust in my Ninja 400 for a long time,. I for sure wanted a slip-on exhaust, something LOUD, and something that cost me $300 max. Obviously I plan to save up for it because I want to get a decent quality exhaust that will definitely last me, I want this to be my first and last exhaust purchase.

After some research, I was deadset on getting the Hindle EVO Megaphone, which was the loudest one I could find in my price range:

Decent quality and just the sound I was looking for.

However, my friend told me that the Hindle one was EXCESSIVELY loud, I want to be loud, but not TOO obnoxious. So I was given some suggestions to check out the brand "DanMoto", he said that their exhausts are much cheaper and just about the same quality. So the one I ended up looking at was the Danmoto MK2 Slip-On:

I realize this was more ideal as it was:
1. Cheaper than the Hindle
2. Slimmer/more low profile/lighter than the Hindle, something that I realized I wanted as well
3. Maybe just as loud as a Hindle.
4. Has a mostly black/carbon finish compared to the mostly silver Hindle

However, as previously mentioned, I wanted something that would LAST me, and be of good quality. After reading the reviews for the Danmoto, many people said they received broken/worn parts and others had to makeshift the mounting as they did not provide the correct mounting. Other than that, the exhaust was still fairly good and loud.

This took me to find the next exhaust, the LeoVince GP Corsa EVO:

Also very loud as well, slim profile, and carbon/black color that I prefer. However, it is closer to the price to the upper-range Hindle. Though this is probably a given considering it is the well-known brand name of Leo Vince.

So now for my final dilemma. Should I save a bit of money and go for the Danmoto exhaust, and risk the possibility that it MAY not last me as long or be as good quality. OR, should I dish out the extra $100 and go for the LeoVince? What do you guys know about the brand/quality? Would it REALLY be worth the price? And would it be louder or be vetter performance-wise by any chance due to the increase in quality? Thanks for your time.

DarkTecky is online now Report Post
I have a Hindle I put on in December. Absolutely love it, although as mentioned, it is loud. SportBikeTrackGear is where I purchased it; their YouTube channel has that exhaust and the LV so you can get an idea if you haven’t already viewed those!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts