Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was trying to install a ram phone mount which i did but dident like it so i removed it but to remove it i had to apply force with a hammer and screwdriver to pry it and i sort of damaged the stem and was wondering if that will affect steering or anything can come off or be loose? sorry for the dumb questions just wanna play it safe, heres a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the inner tube and outside metal is both damaged the picture dident pick it up to well i can upload another if it will help

·
Registered
656 Posts
@A1_Digst Unless you used a 5lb sledge hammer with a large amount of force - which I cant imagine you did, It looks to be just cosmetic dings in the photo. A better photo would help... But i seriously doubt you did any real damage prying the rubber insert out of the stem with the screw driver.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I Had the same problem inserting the ram mount sitting into it, then I figured the washer i (tried) to use was as the same size as the hole, which is probably your case as well. Just use a smaller washer and it enters good. You did make some damage, but its nothing that hurts the bike. Just too bad you didnt try a smaller washer before you went with a hammer...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@A1_Digst Unless you used a 5lb sledge hammer with a large amount of force - which I cant imagine you did, It looks to be just cosmetic dings in the photo. A better photo would help... But i seriously doubt you did any real damage prying the rubber insert out of the stem with the screw driver.
here is a better picture

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Like I said whats caused the damage most certain its the washer.. There is 1 from the pack you got thats in the same diamater of the ram mount's cut piece and the yoke nut... and 1 a little smaller.. Happened to me as well but I just changed the washer and it went in fine. lmao you really pushed it through thou

1 - 7 of 7 Posts