Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys, just wanna share. One time in the early morning, I started my bike tk warm it up. A few mins later, I got on the bike and decided to check my lights' condition.

All the lights were fine, but the left signal acted funny. It flashed on the dashboard rapidly, like twice the normal speed, but there's no light coming out on the bulb. I keep flicking it for a few moments, then it went back to normal, with the bulb in working condition.

Anyone had the same experience? No idea what happened.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yo guys, just wanna share. One time in the early morning, I started my bike tk warm it up. A few mins later, I got on the bike and decided to check my lights' condition.

All the lights were fine, but the left signal acted funny. It flashed on the dashboard rapidly, like twice the normal speed, but there's no light coming out on the bulb. I keep flicking it for a few moments, then it went back to normal, with the bulb in working condition.

Anyone had the same experience? No idea what happened.
Did it happen on the right side indicators also, or only the left side. If you don't know try to simulate the conditions again.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Check your turn signal relay connection is good and tight. You'll find the relay on the left side of the bike, coupled to a white plastic connector.

If symptoms persist, your turn signal relay may be taking a $hit.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
It may be a loose bulb or a poor earth connection on the one that wasn't flashing. When one side stops flashing the other side flashes faster.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Watcher905 Not sure if I can simulate the conditions again, though I'll keep a look out for it again. So far it's been a couple of days since it happened, and it never occurred again.
@Kiwi Rider the one that rapidly blink is the light for left signal on the dashboard, with the signal itself not lighting up. But both the right light for the right signal and the signal itself was working perfectly.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
@Kiwi Rider the one that rapidly blink is the light for left signal on the dashboard, with the signal itself not lighting up. But both the right light for the right signal and the signal itself was working perfectly.
On a bike as new as yours I would not expect the bulb to be blown (but it is possible) so first I would get in under your fairing and check that the connector on the end of the two wires coming out of the indicator is plugged in tightly.
If still no joy then remove the cover off the indicator and check the bulb is not blown, and if it's OK then check it is seated in the bulb holder correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rapid blinking means one of the bulbs is out. Or, since it ended up working anyway, is not being powered somewhere. Check your wires and make sure everything is correct. This same function happens in most cars, when one bulb burns out the signal for that side blinks rapidly on the dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts