Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum needs more members! It appears there are only three members at this stage and I'm pretty sure one of them is the administrators. :smile_big:
I'm going to get sick of talking to myself. :grin:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello there,

I believe this forum is fairly new, what are your thoughts and feedback on attracting more members?

Best regards,

Ed
I think now there is some info being posted it will take off. People will be more inclined to sign up.
You could always try giving away free stuff as a promo, usually works! :grin:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, people do enjoy giveaways, it's true! :) Anyone else have any suggestions on best ways to improve site traffic?

Cheers,

Erik
From a visual point of view the home page is a bit bland, I'm guessing someone is working on the graphics for the top of page where it says Kawasaki Ninja 400 forum. Other forums usually have shots of the bike specific to the forum in that area.

Once owners start getting their hands on the new model they will be looking to hook up with fellow owners and share info through avenues like this site.

·
Administrator
114 Posts
Would you guys want something like this for the banner image up top?

kawaninja400banneridea.jpg

Would you also want to change the overall color theme as well? Currently, the title bars and navbars are navy blue, perhaps a shade of green to compliment the pic above? Or if you guys have a suggestion on how the banner should look (it can be a combination of different pics which our guys in creative can do their photoshop magic to seamlessly blend them together), we're all for suggestions/ideas.

Basically, show us images and links to other forums as examples of what attracts viewers.

We appreciate all the feedback we can get to make this site as best as it can be.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you guys want something like this for the banner image up top?

View attachment 17

Would you also want to change the overall color theme as well? Currently, the title bars and navbars are navy blue, perhaps a shade of green to compliment the pic above? Or if you guys have a suggestion on how the banner should look (it can be a combination of different pics which our guys in creative can do their photoshop magic to seamlessly blend them together), we're all for suggestions/ideas.

Basically, show us images and links to other forums as examples of what attracts viewers.

We appreciate all the feedback we can get to make this site as best as it can be.

Cheers,
Nate
Myself I think that would be an excellent action photo for the banner. Theres' not that many shots of the new 400 yet but here's some I found on google images:

nueva-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018_2.jpg

ninja-400-008.jpg

article-kawasaki-ninja-400-deportivdad-50cv-pensando-mundial-ssp300-59f041cf9392c.jpg

Regarding colour theme, how about the green like on the Ninja 300 forum? Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums
It's more Kawaskai than the navy blue.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You're up to 15 members total! Kiwi you were #6. Only 8 of 15 have made any posts.
It's quality not quantity my friend! :smile_big:

The member tally at the bottom of the forum index page said 3 after i signed up so that was where I (possibly incorrectly) got my figure from. Three is my favourite number (I burn incense sticks as well) so I'm sticking with that!:D

·
Administrator
114 Posts
17 this morning. Slow and steady wins the race.

As a Ninja rider myself, I'm interested in whats going on here since I might go to a 400 in the future.

If you have any other ideas to help generate some new members, let us know.

- JB

·
Administrator
114 Posts
I know we have motorcycle.com articles in the sidebar, but ill see if we can get the articles posted to the news page so members can read them and have a place to talk about them as well. We can discuss more in the mod area Kiwi.

- JB

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
17 this morning. Slow and steady wins the race.

As a Ninja rider myself, I'm interested in whats going on here since I might go to a 400 in the future.

If you have any other ideas to help generate some new members, let us know.

- JB
I mentioned the new forum on reddit, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 site and CBR250 & 300 Forums.
I also made the mistake of mentioning it on the Ninjette.org forum which went down like a cup of cold sick as it's not run by a VS company.
I was told it it was a bit like "Coming round to someone elses pool and telling them theres' something better going on over at your pool."
You gotta laugh at attitudes like that. :smile_big:
We all just enjoy riding and discussing our bikes at the end of the day.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When more members continue to join and pick up some traction
We can start a contest to win prizes and memberships! How does this sound?

Ed
Sounds grand, everyone loves free stuff!

By memberships do you mean like platinum membership where you see everything ad free etc?

·
Administrator
114 Posts
Yeah, it would also come with other perks like increased PM space, custom user titles etc. There isn't one set up yet, but as Ed said, when the ball gets rolling here we can look into all of that.

Niall

1 - 20 of 21 Posts