Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out a little ride tonight and i stalled the bike do to rider error. When trying to start the bike again in 1st gear while holding in the clutch it wouldnt start and the red light was on saying my sidestand was down but it wasnt. So i truned the key to the off position then back to the on position, and it still said my sidestand was down. I think i put it back in neutral and it started. Any ideas why this would happen? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe the red light isn't just for sidestand, it can mean different things in combination with other lights on the dash.
I think the bike should start when in gear with the clutch in, so I'm guessing it could be the switch on the clutch not sensing that the clutch is in..
Not an expert though ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i read the manual last night and seen that. But now that you metioned it i did put shorty levers on not long ago maybe i didnt adjust the clutch right. Ill check it out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the red light isn't just for sidestand, it can mean different things in combination with other lights on the dash.
I think the bike should start when in gear with the clutch in, so I'm guessing it could be the switch on the clutch not sensing that the clutch is in..
Not an expert though ?
Yo buddy. I adjusted the clutch and all seems well. Dude thank you so much. I didn’t even think of that!

·
Registered
295 Posts
side stand

Hello got my bike out today ,was show my nephew he sat on it ,they ok and put side stand down but engine kept running,
I then tried to start with stand down and bike started again.

Any know how to adjust side stand switch?

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is ok if the bike's in neutral. Not quite so if it's in gear. If the bike is in gear and clutch level is pulled, then it can also start (but if you replaced clutch lever, watch for that small plastic pin, it's the switch that allows starting in gear, can be easily broken when mounting new lever)

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is ok if the bike's in neutral. Not quite so if it's in gear. If the bike is in gear and clutch level is pulled, then it can also start (but if you replaced clutch lever, watch for that small plastic pin, it's the switch that allows starting in gear, can be easily broken when mounting new lever)

Hello I did not change any thing at all it was working when got it home yesterday,just doesn't now
,I don't know where its adjusted

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello I did not change any thing at all it was working when got it home yesterday,just doesn't now
,I don't know where its adjusted
Do you have an update for us? It would be interesting to know what exactly was going on, my starter safety switches all seem to work as advertised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts