These are the 2 that we race at, both 100KM away from me +/-

CIS this track is closer to me and newer of the 2

BRC
This one is older and more technical IMO

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Teretonga Park

This is my nearest track where I have been riding and racing the last 5 seasons. It's 2.57km long and has the longest back straight of any track in New Zealand.

My first two seasons I rode in the novice class on my road registered bikes (CBR250 &300) then in 2016 I did my first licenced season in Formula 3 on a GSXR400. Last year I switched to a Suzuki SV650 with good results, still in F3 and this weekend I kick off my fifth season on the same bike.

Great fun! recommend it. :grin:

teretonga_600.jpg

Teretonga-circuit-2016-770x470.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my nearest track where I have been riding and racing the last 5 seasons. It's 2.57km long and has the longest back straight of any track in New Zealand.

My first two seasons I rode in the novice class on my road registered bikes (CBR250 &300) then in 2016 I did my first licenced season in Formula 3 on a GSXR400. Last year I switched to a Suzuki SV650 with good results, still in F3 and this weekend I kick off my fifth season on the same bike.

Great fun! recommend it. :grin:

View attachment 339

View attachment 341
Looks like a really fast track, I am sure the smaller cc bikes would really suffer. This will be my first year as my work schedule only allowed me 2 races out of 6 last year, this year I get 4 out of 6. Not looking to win just want to have fun. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Looks like a really fast track, I am sure the smaller cc bikes would really suffer. This will be my first year as my work schedule only allowed me 2 races out of 6 last year, this year I get 4 out of 6. Not looking to win just want to have fun. Good luck!
Cheers. Yes it's a fast track, I'm hitting 210 kph at the end of the main straight, but it's still fun on a small bike.

We run a six round series too and if you want to be competitive you can't afford to not finish one of the 18 races (3 per round) let alone a whole round. I managed to win the class championship last year but I wasn't the fastest guy. No DNF's and a reliable bike is a big part of it but obviously you still need to be fast!

Have fun this season!

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
This is Halley raceway here in a Oklahoma.
https://youtu.be/GpT3b61ry2M
Man that thing accelerates quick! Holds its line real well too, no running wide powering out of corners. Must be a relatively short back straight huh as he was only hitting a bit over 150 MPH before braking. The Formula one guys at my local track are hitting around 175 MPH.
Love it. :D
Any plans to take your 400 there??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Man that thing accelerates quick! Holds its line real well too, no running wide powering out of corners. Must be a relatively short back straight huh as he was only hitting a bit over 150 MPH before braking. The Formula one guys at my local track are hitting around 175 MPH.
Love it. :D
Any plans to take your 400 there??
It’s a small and technical track. I’ve taken every one of my motorcycles here for the occasional track day. I find smaller CC bikes to be more fun on Hallet which is one of my reasons for picking up the 400.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow $300 for a track day? I worked guess you're paying for the safety Marshall's, ambulance etc. At one of our tracks we pay about $50 for the day and then the paddock is same price but we usually share a paddock and split the cost. The older track is about $30 a day no paddock fee. Most times no safety Marshall or ambulance just the guys that tell you that you're up in 5 minutes and kick the cars off the track.

At 300 a day IDK if I would go that often.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
We pay equivalent of $70 USD a day on the day or $50 if you pre register. That includes heaps of marshals, ambulance etc. Really well run.

Track day guys on road bikes get four goes of about 10 - 15 minutes each time so it's not loads of track time. They go out before we do practice then every time before we have our races.

So I guess it depends where you live and what's available locally

1 - 10 of 10 Posts