These are the 2 that we race at, both 100KM away from me +/-

CIS this track is closer to me and newer of the 2

BRC
This one is older and more technical IMO

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Teretonga Park

This is my nearest track where I have been riding and racing the last 5 seasons. It's 2.57km long and has the longest back straight of any track in New Zealand.

My first two seasons I rode in the novice class on my road registered bikes (CBR250 &300) then in 2016 I did my first licenced season in Formula 3 on a GSXR400. Last year I switched to a Suzuki SV650 with good results, still in F3 and this weekend I kick off my fifth season on the same bike.

Great fun! recommend it. :grin:

teretonga_600.jpg

Teretonga-circuit-2016-770x470.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my nearest track where I have been riding and racing the last 5 seasons. It's 2.57km long and has the longest back straight of any track in New Zealand.

My first two seasons I rode in the novice class on my road registered bikes (CBR250 &300) then in 2016 I did my first licenced season in Formula 3 on a GSXR400. Last year I switched to a Suzuki SV650 with good results, still in F3 and this weekend I kick off my fifth season on the same bike.

Great fun! recommend it. :grin:

View attachment 339

View attachment 341
Looks like a really fast track, I am sure the smaller cc bikes would really suffer. This will be my first year as my work schedule only allowed me 2 races out of 6 last year, this year I get 4 out of 6. Not looking to win just want to have fun. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Looks like a really fast track, I am sure the smaller cc bikes would really suffer. This will be my first year as my work schedule only allowed me 2 races out of 6 last year, this year I get 4 out of 6. Not looking to win just want to have fun. Good luck!
Cheers. Yes it's a fast track, I'm hitting 210 kph at the end of the main straight, but it's still fun on a small bike.

We run a six round series too and if you want to be competitive you can't afford to not finish one of the 18 races (3 per round) let alone a whole round. I managed to win the class championship last year but I wasn't the fastest guy. No DNF's and a reliable bike is a big part of it but obviously you still need to be fast!

Have fun this season!

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
This is Halley raceway here in a Oklahoma.
https://youtu.be/GpT3b61ry2M
Man that thing accelerates quick! Holds its line real well too, no running wide powering out of corners. Must be a relatively short back straight huh as he was only hitting a bit over 150 MPH before braking. The Formula one guys at my local track are hitting around 175 MPH.
Love it. :D
Any plans to take your 400 there??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Man that thing accelerates quick! Holds its line real well too, no running wide powering out of corners. Must be a relatively short back straight huh as he was only hitting a bit over 150 MPH before braking. The Formula one guys at my local track are hitting around 175 MPH.
Love it. :D
Any plans to take your 400 there??
It’s a small and technical track. I’ve taken every one of my motorcycles here for the occasional track day. I find smaller CC bikes to be more fun on Hallet which is one of my reasons for picking up the 400.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow $300 for a track day? I worked guess you're paying for the safety Marshall's, ambulance etc. At one of our tracks we pay about $50 for the day and then the paddock is same price but we usually share a paddock and split the cost. The older track is about $30 a day no paddock fee. Most times no safety Marshall or ambulance just the guys that tell you that you're up in 5 minutes and kick the cars off the track.

At 300 a day IDK if I would go that often.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
We pay equivalent of $70 USD a day on the day or $50 if you pre register. That includes heaps of marshals, ambulance etc. Really well run.

Track day guys on road bikes get four goes of about 10 - 15 minutes each time so it's not loads of track time. They go out before we do practice then every time before we have our races.

So I guess it depends where you live and what's available locally

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’m lucky enough to be an hour away from both Palm Beach International Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway. I haven’t gone out to do a track day since I’ve only been riding for about a year but I’d like to get out there one day. They offer advanced rider courses so I’ll probably go for that whenever I feel like I’m ready to step up my skills.

Palm Beach

Homestead

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
If I had a big lottery win I'd travel around some of these tracks you guys have over there and hire some sort of track bike to cut some sweet laps. Cant think of a better way to blow some winnings!

·
Director of Moderation
2,016 Posts
If I had a big lottery win I'd travel around some of these tracks you guys have over there and hire some sort of track bike to cut some sweet laps. Cant think of a better way to blow some winnings!
Well if you fly over to the US...more specifically around Virginia/North Carolina area, you're welcome to borrow my bike for free!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well if you fly over to the US...more specifically around Virginia/North Carolina area, you're welcome to borrow my bike for free!
Likewise for me too for the middle of the States though. Several tracks within 4 hrs of my place. Anyone can hit me up if you'd like to visit the middle of nowhere. PM me and let's plan a track day or race day this year.......... Heartland Park Topeka is a short 27 minutes from my house, Hallett is 3.5 hrs, The new Ozark Track is 3.5 hrs and Motorsports Park Hastings is about the same (and is sbk1198 old stomping grounds) are not terrible drives from my place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts