Take a picture of your helmet and share it with us! :wink2:

• Make and model
  • Post a picture(s)

Mine

Bell Vortex

See less See more
#7 ·
Here is mine Shoei Marquez Ant.

My son who was 2 weeks old in the picture is now 3 so I have had the helmet for over 3 years getting close to time for a new one. Too add on to the story this helmet cost me almost $1500.00. Let me explain I live in the Philippines back when the helmet came out they were asking 40,000 pesos which at the time was almost $1000 I found it online for sale for $700 free shipping to USA, they won't ship to my home since there is already a Shoei distributor in country. Okay fine I will send it to my mom she can send it to me I will still be under the asking price here. Mom gets the helmet and I guess had a brain fart, she over nighted me the helmet for a low low rate of $750. Here is the rest of the story, I work out of country on a 28 on 28 off schedule, I was 3 days in on my 28 days on so I had another 25 days to go before I got home. So my helmet set in the box for 26 days before I could use it. Thanks mom LMAO (now I can)

#8 ·
Here is mine Shoei Marquez Ant.

My son who was 2 weeks old in the picture is now 3 so I have had the helmet for over 3 years getting close to time for a new one. Too add on to the story this helmet cost me almost $1500.00. Let me explain I live in the Philippines back when the helmet came out they were asking 40,000 pesos which at the time was almost $1000 I found it online for sale for $700 free shipping to USA, they won't ship to my home since there is already a Shoei distributor in country. Okay fine I will send it to my mom she can send it to me I will still be under the asking price here. Mom gets the helmet and I guess had a brain fart, she over nighted me the helmet for a low low rate of $750. Here is the rest of the story, I work out of country on a 28 on 28 off schedule, I was 3 days in on my 28 days on so I had another 25 days to go before I got home. So my helmet set in the box for 26 days before I could use it. Thanks mom LMAO (now I can)

Your son is adorable! Starting him off extremely early, I see. $750 for overnight shipping!? I don't envy you at all.

#13 ·
Airoh Valor Conquer

I decided to get a new helmet for at the track. One that matches my red bike and my leathers which are black with red and white stripes.
My solid white Shoei was just not cool enough :grin:

I went for an Airoh, they're made in Italy and very reasonable in price. It doesn't have the refinement of the Shoei but I'm just doing short races with it, not spending all day touring in it. Fits snugly but doesn't have enough cut away where your ears go to be fully comfortable.
Overall I'm happy with my purchase though.

#16 ·
#31 ·
^^ I want some more time with it before I post full thoughts as it just came in yesterday and I only have about 15-20 miles with it so far last evening.

I'll give initial impressions and post more once I get to know it a little better.

Fit / finish are actually excellent. The mechanics as far as visor detents, removal, slider for the internal visor, etc.. are all very solid.

Airflow seems very good and noise is surprisingly low considering the amount of airflow.

Pockets for com speakers are well placed and perfect depth for my Sena SMH-10.

As far as installing the Sena, I ended up using the stick-on mount and placing it just behind / butting up against the slider for the internal sun visor / shield. Works out well.

Made a test call while out as I figure its a decent indicator of noise levels inside the helmet and the wife said it sounded substantially better than in my Scorpion lid. To the point that she wouldn't have known I was on the bike.

Still in the honeymoon period for sure, but so far very happy with the purchase. I'll post up a small review and some pics once I have more time with it.

#34 ·
I posted in a different thread but attached are some pics of my Signet Q Pro Tour Helmet in diamond white. The next helmet I plan to buy will be in a different color. The long oval is the most comfortable for me.

Besides Arai, are there any other helmet brands with a long oval shape?

Attachments

#41 ·
I just picked up one of these, loving it so far. Super light, comfortable, not too noisy. I love that it comes with tinted and clear visor right in the box, the other more expensive helmets I was looking at cost another $80+ to add a tinted visor. Everything I saw online said these are quite comparable to the high end Arai's and Shoei's while costing hundreds of dollars less.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-rpha-11-pro-venom-helmet

#42 ·
Love the graphics...so aggressive and mean in a good way. Due to my head shape (long oval) I’m limited to certain helmet brands. Arai fits me the best so far but I wish they did better graphics.

#44 ·
Being American and living in an Asian country makes looking for a helmet that truly fits is a nightmare. I have gone to 4 different places looking at Arai, Shoei, AGV, Norton etc. They look nice but are Asian fit only meaning it doesn't fit my big American head. I was just looking at a website for something different then a helmet and noticed a Shoei that I really liked, even better its an X-14 which is an improvement from my current X-12. The deal maker its on sale and they have my size. 60.5mm It will be delivered soon to the house.

#45 ·
Being American and living in an Asian country makes looking for a helmet that truly fits is a nightmare. I have gone to 4 different places looking at Arai, Shoei, AGV, Norton etc. They look nice but are Asian fit only meaning it doesn't fit my big American head. I was just looking at a website for something different then a helmet and noticed a Shoei that I really liked, even better its an X-14 which is an improvement from my current X-12. The deal maker its on sale and they have my size. 60.5mm It will be delivered soon to the house.
Nice looking lid mate. Is this your first Shoei? I own a couple and really like them. I bought a cheaper Airoh recently for racing and whilst it ticks the racing boxes I wouldnt use it for long rides on the road. The Shoei has superior comfort and less noise and is just more refined in general. The visor ratcheting and all that little stuff is better quality. I do believe that you get what you pay for with helmets.
Let us know what you think of it.