Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Taimac that's a badass helmet. I was looking at the exact same one but my weird round head will not fit a Shoei. Bumper
Thank you :)

Whattt?? you gotta try to make it fit man! Did you try different sizes? Also, the padding inside can be altered to possibly fit your head. Have you seen this video on it?:

Let me know what you think!? :3tens:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Upgraded from a Scorpion R420 to a Shoei NXR/Rf1200! Had to get it imported from Europe as they don't sell this particular graphic in the US. It also took me some time to find a store that had it in stock and would ship internationally, but I absolutely adore how it looks!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got my X14 Laverty today w00t! Only one minor(?) issue - the Transitions visor I also ordered showed up yesterday, and not only was it not a Transitions lens, but it had a big ol' obvious scratch on the inside. Amazon will be sending me a new visor.

Sorry about the filthy rear fender/chain guard, I have lots of stuff still to install (Spears Racing owes me about a pallet full of stuff lol) and I'm not super keen on keeping her squeaky clean until I'm done getting her dirty with all the install work.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Got my X14 Laverty today w00t! Only one minor(?) issue - the Transitions visor I also ordered showed up yesterday, and not only was it not a Transitions lens, but it had a big ol' obvious scratch on the inside. Amazon will be sending me a new visor.

Sorry about the filthy rear fender/chain guard, I have lots of stuff still to install (Spears Racing owes me about a pallet full of stuff lol) and I'm not super keen on keeping her squeaky clean until I'm done getting her dirty with all the install work.

Your helmet looks great but it always makes me cringe to see one balanced on a narrow sports bike seat.
Only because I had one topple off on me once :crying:
Enjoy the new lid!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

Ohhh myyy!!! *droolsss* That is such a firehh setup! Gratzzzzzz :3tens::3tens::3tens::3tens:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yesterday, I ordered the blue mirrored face shield from Revzilla. I need something to mute the sun a bit.

Face shield replacement
The future's so bright.....

So I replaced the faceshield! My neck light and a youtube video helped! I like puzzles but better to learn the proper way. :devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Get a better helmet fit

Helmet essentially the right size but still feeling just a little loose? Well mine was, and I've had it about 5 years now so the pads were probably getting a little compressed as well. Today I installed new, one over-size, cheek pads and what a difference it has made.

I'm not sure about other brands but Shoei offer cheek pad sizes in thicknesses 31 - 41mm in 2mm increments. So I went from 35's to a pair of 37's and it has just taken out that bit of wiggle esp when you do the shake your head side to side test.
More comfortable and better support in a crash scenario. It was a pretty quick 'n easy swap (google helped) so I recommend doing this mod to your helmet if you need it.

P1000830.JPG

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Helmet essentially the right size but still feeling just a little loose? Well mine was, and I've had it about 5 years now so the pads were probably getting a little compressed as well. Today I installed new, one over-size, cheek pads and what a difference it has made.

I'm not sure about other brands but Shoei offer cheek pad sizes in thicknesses 31 - 41mm in 2mm increments. So I went from 35's to a pair of 37's and it has just taken out that bit of wiggle esp when you do the shake your head side to side nest.
More comfortable and better support in a crash scenario. It was a pretty quick 'n easy swap (google helped) so I recommend this mod to your helmet if you need it.

View attachment 8479

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dFIz0z7Rr0&t=5s
YUP! This is a great post! Adjusting the padding or adding new padding does a world of difference. Glad it appropriately fits you now :) :3tens:

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a Scorpion EXO-R710. I have a dark visor for when I'm only riding during the day. But these days it's too dark for that lol.

The vents and pop up setting for the visor have been very effective for me.

I don't particularly like having a matte black helmet but it was the cheapest option lol. So I added my own color in the form of stickers haha.

The communicator is the Cardo Pack Talk Bold. Can't say the little antennae flip up has had any benefit for FM radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts

I'm not sure about other brands but Shoei offer cheek pad sizes in thicknesses 31 - 41mm in 2mm increments. So I went from 35's to a pair of 37's and it has just taken out that bit of wiggle esp when you do the shake your head side to side test.
More comfortable and better support in a crash scenario. It was a pretty quick 'n easy swap (google helped) so I recommend doing this mod to your helmet if you need it.

View attachment 8479

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dFIz0z7Rr0&t=5s

Just did the same thing a few weeks ago to my Arai. Massive improvement. I no longer feel sketched from the play that developed prior.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts