Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tried on a Shoei GT-Air II at the Cleveland motorcycle show a couple weekends ago. It's a completely new design from the previous GT-Air, and this one actually fits me for once... Supposed to release next month and retail for $599 I believe for solid colors and add another $100 for other's. Think I'm gonna save up and get that and keep my other 2 as backups.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just another angle of my beloved Shoei X-14 Laverty. It's still beautiful and GREEN!

Really wish I didn't have a huge head. I'd like to get some cool graphics on a helmet. But I'm typically stuck with basic colors or maybe a hi-vis line here or there.

Though I did finally order my Shoei GT-Air II last night since they are finally shipping. Got the last 2XL Matte Silver on Revzilla. Lets just hope the wife doesn't find out I spent $600 on a helmet.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Really wish I didn't have a huge head. I'd like to get some cool graphics on a helmet. But I'm typically stuck with basic colors or maybe a hi-vis line here or there.

Though I did finally order my Shoei GT-Air II last night since they are finally shipping. Got the last 2XL Matte Silver on Revzilla. Lets just hope the wife doesn't find out I spent $600 on a helmet.
Hahaha, let's hope she won't mind :)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Just got this bad boy basically new of facebook marketplce for 300$ AUD which is about 200$ usd
Looks cool, what brand helmet is that?

Scored a new old stock Shoei Qwest on eBay. Great quiet helmet...
Good score, gotta grab these known quantities while they are still available eh. I love my Qwest. Probably the best helmet I've had. Only issue is that it is slightly loose. I seem to be between size S and XS unfortunately.
My Airoh fits me perfectly but is not as refined as the Qwest in most areas.
I use my old Shoei XR800 as my bash around town helmet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bank for bucks, Im finding HJC hard to go past, bought 3 over the last 4 years, FG15 x2, FG17, both have composite glass/kevlar shells, super comfy liners an fit, an quiet as, though I do always wear earplugs...
Also wear a German Schuberth S2, which has a internal drop down sun visor, but not a flip front, more a sport bike helmet than touring, also very comfy, lighter than the Shoei, an less cost...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just got this bad boy basically new of facebook marketplce for 300$ AUD which is about 200$ usd

I saw this helmet on Gumtree and would have bought it in a heartbeat for that money, though the only thing stopping me was my large noggin. Unlikely I would have squeezed into it as it was a few sizes too small.

Good purchase!

As far as I'm concerned & if it is the same one I was looking at, it's a Shoei X-Spirit III. $1000 racing helmet, unless it's a different model that looks similar

·
Registered
762 Posts
I saw this helmet on Gumtree and would have bought it in a heartbeat for that money, though the only thing stopping me was my large noggin. Unlikely I would have squeezed into it as it was a few sizes too small.

Good purchase!

As far as I'm concerned & if it is the same one I was looking at, it's a Shoei X-Spirit III. $1000 racing helmet, unless it's a different model that looks similar

Good score, gotta grab these known quantities while they are still available eh. I love my Qwest. Probably the best helmet I've had. Only issue is that it is slightly loose. I seem to be between size S and XS unfortunately.
he is correct, its shoei x spirit 3 1k helmet, same that marquez wears :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went with a Scorpion EXO-R420 Tracker Helmet in red/white/blue. My friend got the white one and I didn't want to match her. It works aesthetically with my red z400 too! I wear a Buff half headband to keep my hair from going in every direction when I don my helmet.

My glasses fit well inside. Yesterday, I ordered the blue mirrored face shield from Revzilla. I need something to mute the sun a bit.

Buff headband

Crown

Face shield replacement

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I went with a Scorpion EXO-R420 Tracker Helmet in red/white/blue. My friend got the white one and I didn't want to match her. It works aesthetically with my red z400 too! I wear a Buff half headband to keep my hair from going in every direction when I don my helmet.

My glasses fit well inside. Yesterday, I ordered the blue mirrored face shield from Revzilla. I need something to mute the sun a bit.

Buff headband

Crown

Face shield replacement
CUTE!!! Yasss! <333 :3tens::clap:

·
Registered
422 Posts
You can get the larger cheek pads for a better fit. I think the stock size is 35mm and the sizes go up in 2mm increments all the way to 40 I believe. It may be worth doing if you have an in between sized head...

I’m either a large medium or a medium large...LOL

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just another angle of my beloved Shoei X-14 Laverty. It's still beautiful and GREEN!
:3tens:

Blast you, Tai! I’m going to be broke if I don’t stay off this forum, just ordered mine to go along with the matte black x14 I already have - and another transitions visor for it...might need to sell a kidney now...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
:3tens:

Blast you, Tai! I’m going to be broke if I don’t stay off this forum, just ordered mine to go along with the matte black x14 I already have - and another transitions visor for it...might need to sell a kidney now...
LOLLLL! Don't blame me! Blame Shoei and Mr. Laverty for his FIREHHH replica helmet lol. As soon as I saw it, it had to be mine! I started saving up for it rofl for a couple of months.

I legit get "thumbs up" every time I ride. I believe it's the combo of the helmet and the bike tbh. :3tens::3tens::3tens::3tens:

ANd yes, yes, transition lens is bae! You gonna freakin love it. We expect pics too when it comes in! :grin:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
You can get the larger cheek pads for a better fit. I think the stock size is 35mm and the sizes go up in 2mm increments all the way to 40 I believe. It may be worth doing if you have an in between sized head...

I’m either a large medium or a medium large...LOL
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some 37mm jobbies through revzilla as they had 20% off.
Yep, 35mm is standard (there was a sticker on the back of them) and you can get 37, 39 or 41mm for getting a firmer fit or 31 and 33mm options for getting a looser fit.

141 - 160 of 184 Posts