Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Having recently left ADV riding after like 8yrs, my last helmet was a $1200 BMW Carbon GS (made by Schuberth), and is an incredible/orgasmic fit. Easily the very best helmet that I've ever owned, and wrecked the Arai XD-4 iI had previously in every way. Going back to sports bikes, that meant changing helmet types, and that was a rather interesting minefield to explore!

After trying pretty much everything on the market and still not happy, the best fit was a Nolan N87 surprisingly! It's an identical fit to Schuberth! I love the helmet's comfort and the luxury of a drop-down sun visor. The noise is a little bit more than expected, but the helmet is pure quality and incredibly light also...so nothing a good set of earplugs cannot fix. As an added bonus, it just happens to match my riding gear absolutely perfectly (very much coincidental btw!)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Started with an HJC CL-17, then upgraded last season to an Arai Regent-X. I got it through my local bike shop that did a formal fitting and helped me get all of the right inserts for a perfect fit. If I knew the difference in sound and comfort that a high end, properly fitted helmet provides, this would have been my first purchase.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Flash B... Nice one. I see you've 'staged and posed' your helmet and it's background. I guess it's true... once a photographer... ;)
Thanks airhead83 for noticing. Trade secrets like the back of our leather couch and window light. The highlight on the visor is an white envelope. I'm upgrading some riding gear, purchased a Suomy Helmet to back up the Arai (old but so comfortable). New Alpinestar boots coming, current boots are 15 year old hand me downs.

301 - 315 of 315 Posts