Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

281 - 300 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Got a new helmet today. Trying the Ruroc Atlas "Beast" Helmet. I'm looking for a helmet that has my Airflite's comfy fitment and my Shoei's noise level. So far this helmet feels amazing...I just need to ride with it to test the fit against gusting winds and the noise level. Hope to report back soon.

FYI...This helmet comes with a Clear and Dark visor for no additional charge. I couldn't believe they give you a darkened visor, stock without any extra fee..

Ride Review:

1) I realized this helmet is a bit large for me. If you are between 58 & 59 centimeters circumference, get a MEDIUM. I temporarily fixed this issue w/doubling up on headliner gear.

2) the noise level isn’t that bad at surface road speeds (35-60mph). For me, if I sit straight up, I could hear my keys jiggle (1st time ever hearing this). However, if I’m in a tucked position (helmet chin area touching my chest) the noise is greatly reduced; no key jiggle.

3) at highway speeds w/the wind at my BACK, this helmet performs great! Much quieter than my Airflite, and my Shoei x-14. HOWEVER, once I began to ride against/into the wind, it was an entirely different story!!! This helmet was SUPER loud...maybe even louder than my Airflite. I will say that at this point, I only had one headliner on so the wind was moving the helmet around a lot and I feel this also caused the excessive noise. On my ride back, I wore 2 headliners (this caused the helmet to fit better) and my silicone earplugs. The return trip was 100% better after I made these adjustments. I plan to install sena speakers inside and to attach some padding over them. I’m hoping this will help the helmet fit me a bit tighter and reduce the noise.

Will try to report back after I’ve made these adjustments

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
That's a stand out helmet for sure! Not one for the shrinking violets lol. I've never heard of that brand but it sounds like a goodie. Your going to need a helmet shelf at home soon. 😄
I cant really talk, I have 5 in my cupboard at present...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Very nice looking helmet, no car would dare to cut you off!
LOL! They still do! This helmet is getting a lot of looks tho.

Wow, flossing your teeth with that helmet must be easy.:sneaky:
ROFL!

That's a stand out helmet for sure! Not one for the shrinking violets lol. I've never heard of that brand but it sounds like a goodie. Your going to need a helmet shelf at home soon. 😄
I cant really talk, I have 5 in my cupboard at present...
Yeah...I'm hoping to stop at 3! I am running out of room for them lol an other gear as well. I just bought another jacket...I couldn't resist because CycleGear opened up a mega store here in Houston (they have over 1700 helmets in stock). It's MEGA and I found my size there in the store! See below lol

Newest jacket: Alpinestars Stella T-GP Plus R v3 Air Jacket

·
Registered
866 Posts
Here is my new helmet, Scorpion R1 Mag Air, pretty good match to my new Xmas present that I treated myself too!!!
9CC4234E-B3DD-49C5-8C62-09F32FABE3CF.jpeg

I got this wardrobe rack to help organize my gear in one location. I still have some gear hanging in the garage.
75085D8E-E837-474B-8C55-F21EEE975B9C.jpeg

·
Registered
467 Posts
Here is my new helmet, Scorpion R1 Mag Air, pretty good match to my new Xmas present that I treated myself too!!!
View attachment 16545
I got this wardrobe rack to help organize my gear in one location. I still have some gear hanging in the garage.
View attachment 16546
Nice! But what I REALLY like is the contrast between the two pictures: one looks like a hardcore garage gym, with a Muay Thai punching bag and the other has doll carriages and cute vacuum cleaners. :D

·
Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
102 Posts
Arai Astral X has treated me well but it’s time for a new helmet.
any recommendation? Looking for light weight, prefer built in sun visor but comfort and safety are top priorities.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the best helmet for the money is the hjc rpha 11. If you search on google there is always a dealer getting rid of certain sizes. Its one of the lightest helmets out there. Just bought one for my wife. Go up a size in these. my 2 cents

281 - 300 of 304 Posts