Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
I'm going to be really honest with my thoughts here. There's been a bit of a trend on here lately of folk playing guessing games with their purchases. I dont find any humor in it and don't see the point. If you've got something to share then just share it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
A bit obsessed with my new RF-1200.!! I’ve normally worn HJC, Bell, and dirt bike helmets, but this is the NICEST and most COMFORTABLE helmet i’ve ever put on my head.
I also wear the RF-1200 (in matte black). It's a great helmet. That design is really great. Congrats on the purchase.

Reactions: SeoulKidd

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Finally had time to take pics of my ICON Airflite helmet and my ICON Overlord Jacket together, in full gear. I must say, I'm really feeling these colors. Actually makes me happy to put on gear before I ride, even in our unbearable hot weather.

Gear pictured: ICON Airflite QB1 helmet, ICON Overlord SB2 CE Jacket (women's), REV'IT Sand 3 Gloves (modified w/green nails), Bull-it SP120 Lite Fury Jeggings, Sena 10c Pro

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use a white Arai RX-7 GP like this one
Motorcycle helmet Helmet White Clothing Personal protective equipment

and a black Schuberth SR 1 like this one
Motorcycle helmet Helmet Clothing Personal protective equipment Black

I’m sorry but I’m not at home so I cannot post the pics of my helmets, but you can have an idea of what I wear.
I always use a leather suite, my preferred is an Alpinestars one piece leather suite:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

but I use also some other two piece leather suits (sorry I haven’t got pics of these other leather suits).
In the last years I used the bike just for road sport training (the R6 and the F4 were perfect for that), but before I used to travel a lot and the pic on the BMW was taken in one of my trips, but since I sold the BMW I stopped to use the bike for everything and I started to use the bike only for sport.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
X-Lite X-803 Ultra Carbon

As you guys probably know, fit is every thing when it comes to helmets. If you've tried enough of them on then you soon get a feel for good fit vs poor.
So when a friend came around last night and bought his new helmet with him I had to try it on of course. Well that just cost me $600 didnt it! :LOL:

The X-Lite X-803 would probably be the best fitting helmet for my head shape I have ever tried on. In particular the jaw support was top notch. I could shake my head without the strap done up and it just sat there. Has great vision too. They're made in Italy by same company that make Nolan helmets.

The other feature that sold me on it was the weight. I have a carbon helmet for my dirt riding but this is the first road or track helmet I've bought in carbon. You can feel it light in your hand. It weighed 1280 grams on my kitchen scales where as my Shoei and Airoh helmets came in at 1420 and 1455 respectively. Comes with dark visor and pin lock in the box as well.

I'd recently been thinking about upgrading my track helmet to something of better quality as you only get one head right. So this opportunity made it easy. Fortunately my buddy also has a motorcycle parts and accessory business so a generous discount made the decision just that bit easier. (y)

This is the colour option I've gone for, called Puro sport:

View attachment 12745
Now that the track season has kicked in I'm starting to use this helmet more and man am I in love with it! :love:

The fit is so perfectly snug and gives me a great feeling of security. It has great vision and is so light. Really inobtrusive.
The guys doing the helmet checks at the track last weekend were ohhing and ahhing over it and they see some helmets. They really noticed how light it felt in their hands. Not that it matters so much in a track environment but it's really quiet too. Great that it comes with two visors, so often I find myself forking out extra cash for the dark visor after just buying a new helmet.

I'd definitely recommend this lid. The best fitting helmet I've had in 36 years of buying full face road helmets. (y) (y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
HJC 70 with blue visor.

Nice helmet with an internal sun visor. When I purchased my Ninja 400, it was after the dealer had closed. I included in the purchase $200 in store credits. The salesman recommended the HJC70 matte black. I tried it on and it fit and it was on sale for $129.
I had not done any research, nor did I know anything about helmets. Only that I would not leave without one. It turned out to be a great recommendation. I love the internal sun visor since I wear glasses. I changed to shield to metallic blue.

Attachments

261 - 280 of 315 Posts