Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Just got my new Schuberth C3 Pro. I’ve read that it is the quietest helmet available. As a tinnitus sufferer, this is an important factor for me when considering a helmet. My other 2 helmet are also known to be on the quiet side, a Shoei RF-1200, and a Shoei Qwest...

As soon as I put this helmet on I could tell right away that it blocks a lot of sound. Way more than my Shoeis. It’s almost like wearing ear plugs where you can hear your own voice inside your head when you talk. I will also wear my custom fit earplugs when I ride so I anticipate a nice quiet ride...

So far the fit (size L) is a bit snug, so I hope it breaks in a little bit over time. I really like the cool integrated sun visor!,,.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Just got my new Schuberth C3 Pro. I’ve read that it is the quietest helmet available. As a tinnitus sufferer, this is an important factor for me when considering a helmet. My other 2 helmet are also known to be on the quiet side, a Shoei RF-1200, and a Shoei Qwest...

As soon as I put this helmet on I could tell right away that it blocks a lot of sound. Way more than my Shoeis. It’s almost like wearing ear plugs where you can hear your own voice inside your head when you talk. I will also wear my custom fit earplugs when I ride so I anticipate a nice quiet ride...

So far the fit (size L) is a bit snug, so I hope it breaks in a little bit over time. I really like the cool integrated sun visor!,,.
Yasss! ? I've always wanted a Schuberth! But they don't have any flashy "green ones". lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a Shoei RYD in matte black a couple of weeks ago, this has replaced my aging LS2 F350, I was looking for an affordable helmet with a 5star Sharp rating, and this one fit the bill. Shoei Ryd - SHARP

I think this model was released a couple of years ago, so I'm guessing its end of line stock, saved NZ$200 off the retail price, even included a pinlock ?

RYD.jpg

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
X-Lite X-803 Ultra Carbon

As you guys probably know, fit is every thing when it comes to helmets. If you've tried enough of them on then you soon get a feel for good fit vs poor.
So when a friend came around last night and bought his new helmet with him I had to try it on of course. Well that just cost me $600 didnt it! :LOL:

The X-Lite X-803 would probably be the best fitting helmet for my head shape I have ever tried on. In particular the jaw support was top notch. I could shake my head without the strap done up and it just sat there. Has great vision too. They're made in Italy by same company that make Nolan helmets.

The other feature that sold me on it was the weight. I have a carbon helmet for my dirt riding but this is the first road or track helmet I've bought in carbon. You can feel it light in your hand. It weighed 1280 grams on my kitchen scales where as my Shoei and Airoh helmets came in at 1420 and 1455 respectively. Comes with dark visor and pin lock in the box as well.

I'd recently been thinking about upgrading my track helmet to something of better quality as you only get one head right. So this opportunity made it easy. Fortunately my buddy also has a motorcycle parts and accessory business so a generous discount made the decision just that bit easier. (y)

This is the colour option I've gone for, called Puro sport:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes it does! And it looks good too IMO. I cant find one shot of it on google images tho so go to the x-lite website link in my post and click on the Provocator model. @TaiMc would dig it I reckon.

Hmmm... yeah maybe something a bit more stylized and less 'military'. :unsure:
I actually did go look after I posted, she was my first thought when I saw it. :p I copied her with my green X-14, I wouldn’t mind having that green X-803 if it fit as well as my Shoeis.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yes it does! And it looks good too IMO. I cant find one shot of it on google images tho so go to the x-lite website link in my post and click on the Provocator model. @TaiMc would dig it I reckon.

Hmmm... yeah maybe something a bit more stylized and less 'military'. :unsure:
I went to the site and saw it! It's the "58". I love it!! I been recently looking at getting another helmet. I gave my first one to a friend of mine who wants to learn to ride and it fit her perfectly. I want another one...so I can have two and wear them on alternating rides! I like that helmett!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I went to the site and saw it! It's the "58". I love it!! I been recently looking at getting another helmet. I gave my first one to a friend of mine who wants to learn to ride and it fit her perfectly. I want another one...so I can have two and wear them on alternating rides! I like that helmett!
Yep #58 in green rocks all right but I had to go with something that was going to match my new race bike which is going to be black with red wheels and frame once I get the fairings painted. As you well know, colour co-ordination is of upmost importance! :giggle:

Having multiple helmets may sound excessive to some but I find it really handy. I've got an older 'knock around' helmet that I use around town and for close local rides. It's got a quick release strap rather than double D rings so super quick on and off, plus I dont mind if it gets the odd scratch. Then I have my #1 helmet for long road rides and trips away. It's the quietest helmet I own. And then I have two track helmets which tend to have a different cut around the neck line and good field of vision in the race crouch position. Weight is important so no internal visors or such like and generally not a lot of importance put on noise suppression. For those reasons the X-lite X-803 probably wouldn't be an ideal road helmet Tai if you were looking for a new lid, despite it's sexy looks :love:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Kiwi, I'll remind you. Those of US that spend +25% of our disposable income on Health Insurance premiums and out-of-pocket co-pays for medical care are ill prepared to have the luxury of multiple helmets. But thanks for reminding US of our broken, for profit "World Quality" healthcare system. :cry:
I think your race bike will look spiffy, both on and off the track.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Kiwi, I'll remind you. Those of US that spend +25% of our disposable income on Health Insurance premiums and out-of-pocket co-pays for medical care are ill prepared to have the luxury of multiple helmets. But thanks for reminding US of our broken, for profit "World Quality" healthcare system. :cry:
I think your race bike will look spiffy, both on and off the track.
If it makes you feel slightly better Airhead we are heading down the same path. It's getting to the stage here where you cant get most surgical operations in a timely manner, huge waiting lists for months, so more and more folk have medical insurance so they can get their needs attended to in a private facility.
Two key factors have put me in the financial position to be able to afford four helmets: A trade and no kids.
All Governments should have a helmet ownership index, makes complete sense to me. ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
If it makes you feel slightly better Airhead we are heading down the same path. It's getting to the stage here where you cant get most surgical operations in a timely manner, huge waiting lists for months, so more and more folk have medical insurance so they can get their needs attended to in a private facility.
Two key factors have put me in the financial position to be able to afford four helmets: A trade and no kids.
All Governments should have a helmet ownership index, makes complete sense to me. ;)
Medical expenses are a huge problem everywhere, and I don't have any answers for a cure. As long as public health care continues to work as a 'for profit' system, we'll stay behind the curve of rising costs. Not just US, but globally.
I hope you know I'm pulling your chain.. my hat's off to anyone able and willing to work hard to benefit themselves. If you have a trade you actually enjoy, all the better. It makes working hours much easier to deal with.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Medical expenses are a huge problem everywhere, and I don't have any answers for a cure. As long as public health care continues to work as a 'for profit' system, we'll stay behind the curve of rising costs. Not just US, but globally.
I hope you know I'm pulling your chain.. my hat's off to anyone able and willing to work hard to benefit themselves. If you have a trade you actually enjoy, all the better. It makes working hours much easier to deal with.
Your all good mate, I was just going along with the pull :giggle:

181 - 200 of 207 Posts