Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have a garage (yet), so for now my girls are in my parking spot (I don't own a 4 wheeled vehicle). 2015 Honda Rebel 250, planning to bobber it out and my 2018 Ninja 400.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Its a Honda CB 550, I asked him about it when he joined the forums Kiwi - The Honda CB 750 Four was my ride in High school, I Loved that bike.
That's a pretty full on bike for a high school ride! Bet some of your class mates were envious.
My first big bike was a Honda 750 also, fond memories:)

I don't have a garage (yet), so for now my girls are in my parking spot (I don't own a 4 wheeled vehicle). 2015 Honda Rebel 250, planning to bobber it out and my 2018 Ninja 400.
Nobody messes with them? Do you keep a cover over them for weather/UV protection?
I've only got myself a decent garage set up in the last year, life changing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Covers

That's a pretty full on bike for a high school ride! Bet some of your class mates were envious.
My first big bike was a Honda 750 also, fond memories:)

Nobody messes with them? Do you keep a cover over them for weather/UV protection?
I've only got myself a decent garage set up in the last year, life changing!
I do have covers for them. I also have brake disc locks on them and massive chains. So far, no one has messed with them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yep Venom stands and an 18 650 LT. Use the harbor freight rear stand for the 400 but have the front pins for both bikes

·
Registered
201 Posts
Humble but happy. First garage in twenty years. We had just finished installing a Two Brothers slip-on onto a friends BMW so thought I'd take the time to snap a few with my bike. The Z400 has to share the space with a generic compact car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nah, I found out that I suck at doing other people's stuff. The occasional 15-30 minute "friend" job is one thing, but they often end up being 2-4 (or 10) hour jobs, and the one frame I designed and built for pay (which was fine and is in your part of the world now) was one of those experiences that had everyone not too happy at the end and I decided to take that as a lesson learned and not do any more large projects for others.

It is a big enough struggle to complete my own projects, adding in time constraints imposed by outside expectations doesn't improve things.

But it is fun to have NICE tools!

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Nah, I found out that I suck at doing other people's stuff. The occasional 15-30 minute "friend" job is one thing, but they often end up being 2-4 (or 10) hour jobs, and the one frame I designed and built for pay (which was fine and is in your part of the world now) was one of those experiences that had everyone not too happy at the end and I decided to take that as a lesson learned and not do any more large projects for others.

It is a big enough struggle to complete my own projects, adding in time constraints imposed by outside expectations doesn't improve things.

But it is fun to have NICE tools!
Yep, I hear ya. I'm lucky in that I have after hours access to a workshop (my place of work) with a lathe and all three tyres of welders, but no milling machine unfortunately. I used to work as an engineering machinist full time but I was never so mad on it that I wanted to do it at home as well. So I didn't invest in machinery.
I like to keep my motorcycle workshop these days as clean as possible so no grinding and welding or working of metal is my policy apart from small jobs. It's more of a 'fitting' shop. Working metal is a dirty, grimey business for the most part. Oh and NO cars in the workshop as well!!

Like yourself, I'm wary of tackling jobs for others despite the offers of cash. Sometimes their expectations are too high or their time frame does not align with my own. I'd rather be poorer and less stressed! Heck I'm still working 40hrs a week minimum so fitting in my own bike work is hard enough :giggle:

·
Registered
201 Posts
The inside of the garage is usually pretty cluttered so I won't show that, but here's a couple things that are lurking inside. The only bikes are the N400 and a Honda CTX700 project.
**** Michael, you have some major league tools. I'm not even sure what I'm looking at!

·
Registered
207 Posts
FB, that's my Mori Seiki MS850G lathe, a Tree 425 (rebadged TOS from Czech Republic) CNC milling machine (now with a 4 axis Centroid control I installed) and the English wheel (sheetmetal shaping) that I designed and built. A benefit to having tools that weigh 4-6000 pounds is they are unlikely to be walked off with if someone gets in the garage. :)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts