Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow! That's some garage. Really like the paint job on the CBR250. Do you plan to get the Ninja 300 going again?
What country are you in?
I love the paint job on the 250. As you can tell I cant leave the motorcycles stock lol.

I will answer 2 questions here. The Ninja 300 wont be activated again. I blew the engine on the 300 it had a lot of motor work done to it. I purchased a new/used engine from USA had only 900 miles on it. (Answer to 2nd question) I moved to the Philippines from USA back in 2011, anyways the engine got here, customs wouldn't release it as I didn't have the right paper work, after 2 months of running back and forth trying to get the papers they where asking for I gave up on it as I heard the N400 would be coming out. I lost a lot of money on that motorcycle and engine.

Philippines is a great place to live - Its 2 main down falls are #1 traffic to go 25 kilometers (16 miles +/-) it takes 3 to 4 hours depending on time of day if you travel during day (busy time) its forever. The same distance after midnight takes half that time. #2 Corruption is the other downfall. I could have gotten the engine from customs, but it would have cost me the same price that I purchased the motor and shipping charges. Which if you add the engine price + shipping + bribery would = almost the cost on the N400. :surprise:

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I love the paint job on the 250. As you can tell I cant leave the motorcycles stock lol.

I will answer 2 questions here. The Ninja 300 wont be activated again. I blew the engine on the 300 it had a lot of motor work done to it. I purchased a new/used engine from USA had only 900 miles on it. (Answer to 2nd question) I moved to the Philippines from USA back in 2011, anyways the engine got here, customs wouldn't release it as I didn't have the right paper work, after 2 months of running back and forth trying to get the papers they where asking for I gave up on it as I heard the N400 would be coming out. I lost a lot of money on that motorcycle and engine.

Philippines is a great place to live - Its 2 main down falls are #1 traffic to go 25 kilometers (16 miles +/-) it takes 3 to 4 hours depending on time of day if you travel during day (busy time) its forever. The same distance after midnight takes half that time. #2 Corruption is the other downfall. I could have gotten the engine from customs, but it would have cost me the same price that I purchased the motor and shipping charges. Which if you add the engine price + shipping + bribery would = almost the cost on the N400. :surprise:
Ah I think i remember you from CBR250R forum? You really tweaked that 250 too huh.
That's a shame about the corruption. I had a holiday in the Philippines about five years ago and really enjoyed it. Very easy to get about, lots of English spoken and some very scenic spots.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ninja 400 Stealth Garage 2018

This is my Current "NINJA" Collection as of 2018

2009 Ninja EX250R Modded
2018 Ninja EX400HJ Fender Eliminator only at this time.
2012 Ninja ZX10R Highly Modded
Plus my Ex Ninja EX300 Modded.... That I sold on Dec 21 to buy the New 2018 Ninja EX400HJ

Attachments

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

2009 Ninja EX250R Modded
Plus my Ex Ninja EX300 Modded.... That I sold on Dec 21 to buy the New 2018 Ninja EX400HJ
So, If you were going to buy another bike would it be fair to say there's a fair chance it would be a black Kawasaki?? :D

·
Registered
764 Posts

2009 Ninja EX250R Modded
now i understand why u are called "Ninja stealth" just like myself i believe all vehicles look better in black

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, I believe Black looks the best and much more CLASSIC and has a more SERIOUS look....But I was also thinking about changing to the Candy Plasma Blue (second choice) and really love that color of blue also. I know that in the past. Kawasaki made the 3 cylinder POCKET ROCKETS and I always like that MACH III and MACH IV on their Blue Color schemes. If I was going to buy a 2nd Ninja 400. I would try a Blue One. But anyway, I think for now with the 3 Bikes that I own.. It will be enough buying Bikes for a while......I was going to try to keep my Ninja 300, but really needed the cash to buy the New 400. So after about 5 GOOD YEARS of ownership. I just broke down and sold it and had some regrets because of all the Cash that I spent on that one on the Mods that I did with it... Complete Yosh full system exhaust, Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Motodynamics Integrated sequential 1-2-3 tail light. Power Commander V with Ignition Advancer. K&N air filter. Vortex Cat 5 sprockets. Yosh Fender Eliminator. and maybe a few more than I mentioned. So now with the new upgraded 400. It will be a LONG process and wait to acquire all of those Mods all over again to do for the Ninja 400. So far It seems to be a much better upgrade than the 300 and I believe after its Modded it should have almost or possibly the same Power as the Ninja 500 twin that they use to make. By the way, I found a really mint shaped Black Ninja 500 about 2 years ago. And it was one of the last ones made before it was discontinued. Very low miles and they only wanted $2500 for that and at the time I really WISHED that I would have picked that one up too......But I guess one can't have every Motorcycle that comes along. So I will be plenty happy with my New Pocket Rocket.. The Ninja EX 400!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Portable buildings

I hate to ask this, but was wondering how much that costs to build? I’m debating between building a garage, converting my shed into a work shed which would be easiest (clean up, nail down some rubber mats, get a sturdier was ramp), but on the flip side I didn’t want to be taking it through the grass all the time so was also considering closing off my carport
Lucros I purchase a portable building (which you can make permanent with very little effort) 20'x30' added two garage doors and automatic openers for 8600 (electrical included). The crew they sent up had it built in less than 7 hours, included exit door with lock and window.
I believe the website was : https://www.gaport.com/garages.htm

·
Registered
152 Posts
My garage? Well, I recently sold all of my bikes to dump a bunch of money in my Vette so the Ninja 400 is all I have now.

Also, no matter how I rotate the picture, it still comes out sideways...

image2.jpg

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My garage? Well, I recently sold all of my bikes to dump a bunch of money in my Vette so the Ninja 400 is all I have now.

Also, no matter how I rotate the picture, it still comes out sideways...

View attachment 311
Ah well, you'll just have to ride it on the back wheel everywhere then. :grin:
Nice pair of stealthy beasts lurking there in your garage, very nice.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Showing you my garage - literally!

I finally got my garage project finished a couple of weeks ago just in time for the new acquisition.
I started this project May last year when I first started ripping out a hedge and moving my clothes line etc etc.
I got the concrete pad done over the winter and started building in September.
It consumed most of my spare time over the summer and one of the reasons I sold my CBR was so I wouldn't be distracted by motorcycling!
It's best feature is the amount of natural light it lets in with windows on three sides and two strips of clear light roof sheeting.
Has room for three bikes easily plus my motorcycle trailer.
Just need to get the power and lighting sorted now.

IMG_0785.jpg

P1000040.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Our garage is quite barren of bikes....first time in more than 20 years...lol. I uploaded an album though of the mostly 250's I've had over the last 20 years. I went and took pics of a couple of 400's that were on the showroom floor and sent them to my husband...hehehe. The only thing Nina 400 bike related in my garage at the moment is a rear seat with a front seat on the way because I have a project in mind I want to try. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
All of our "running" bikes are currently Kawasaki's. Plenty of other project bikes, lol.

Shown:

2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
2014 Kawasaki ZX-14R
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400

My GF and I each have a 300 and 14R, and I also have the 12R and 400. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
All of our "running" bikes are currently Kawasaki's. Plenty of other project bikes, lol.

Shown:

2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
2014 Kawasaki ZX-14R
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400

My GF and I each have a 300 and 14R, and I also have the 12R and 400. :)
Awesome pics. You have a fleet of bikes. Do you and your gf have a favorite or do you ride them all fairly equally?

Also I can tell you are a big fan of the Kawasaki green. :)

Reactions: Flash Bantam

·
Registered
178 Posts
Awesome pics. You have a fleet of bikes. Do you and your gf have a favorite or do you ride them all fairly equally?

Also I can tell you are a big fan of the Kawasaki green. :)
Well, we have actually been putting more miles on the 300's than on the 14R's, lately. They are great for commuting or backroads/around town. The big bikes can be a handful, and to have fun on them, you have to go VERY fast. I do love my 14R, though. Lots of history with this bike; it was the first over 200 mph officially timed, and I have personally been 207 mph on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Waiting to close on my new place in 2 weeks, which has a 2 car garage so I'm very excited. No good pics since I've been living out of a storage unit with all my stuff and commuting from my parents house to work. Here's the fun machine, most likely be sold or traded for the n400.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts