Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a few U tube clips emerging out of Thailand now that new owners are receiving their bikes and modding them already.
How about this for a short shorty! :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
IMO, it just doesn't look all that appealing. Somewhat disproportionate compared to the pipe and rest of the bike. Yoshimura is more my style for Kawasaki bikes though akra exhausts are nice as well. If only they weren't so expensive...

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO, it just doesn't look all that appealing. Somewhat disproportionate compared to the pipe and rest of the bike. Yoshimura is more my style for Kawasaki bikes though akra exhausts are nice as well. If only they weren't so expensive...
Agree, not to my taste either. I've given up trying to decipher exactly what an exhaust noise sounds like or how loud it is from a YouTube clip. It's not 100% accurate.
Will be interesting to see how much the Kawasaki approved Akra is. No prices on the accessory side of things at this stage.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The one thing that I noticed is that the clip of the stock N400 muffler reminded me of the boomy stock R3 muffler, I hated the boom. Most of the muffling happened at the cat anyway. A slip-on changed the boom to a rasp. Disabling the air pump got rid of the pops (probably the source of the offending booms w/stock muffler). But as you said, it's near impossible to be sure from YT clips.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Agree, not to my taste either. I've given up trying to decipher exactly what an exhaust noise sounds like or how loud it is from a YouTube clip. It's not 100% accurate.
Will be interesting to see how much the Kawasaki approved Akra is. No prices on the accessory side of things at this stage.
I'd guess around 500 for a slip on? I agree, YT videos never let you hear the exhaust very well. I'd still like to see if anything from the 300 will bolt on. Lol

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd guess around 500 for a slip on? I agree, YT videos never let you hear the exhaust very well. I'd still like to see if anything from the 300 will bolt on. Lol
That will be a real bonus if they do. Instant availability and a huge range of tested product.
The key factors will be the diameter of the header pipe at the slip over point, the angle of the header and the length of the header.
I tried to fit the slip on off my CBR250 onto my new CBR300. Firstly I had to cut 4" of length off the header but the angle didnt quite work out and it never sat quite parallel to the center line of the bike if you looked down on it from above. Annoying.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That will be a real bonus if they do. Instant availability and a huge range of tested product.
The key factors will be the diameter of the header pipe at the slip over point, the angle of the header and the length of the header.
I tried to fit the slip on off my CBR250 onto my new CBR300. Firstly I had to cut 4" of length off the header but the angle didnt quite work out and it never sat quite parallel to the center line of the bike if you looked down on it from above. Annoying.
The front turn signals look similar....does that count for anything? :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts