Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm also from the Philippines and glad to have found this site. I don't have the 400 yet but hopefully next month if the dealership keeps its promise. If you're familiar with my avatar (Honda CB 360), you can probably guess my age. That was my first serious bike (parent bought) that I used to commute to college. We also had a Honda XL100 that I shared with my siblings. However, after an accident and being laid off the bike for a while, I stopped riding, mostly because I was concerned with other things in college life. I took up riding again about five years ago, first with a crappy China clone of a Honda scrambler (150cc), graduated to an India-made 200cc (better quality) which is what I ride now, mostly for commutes and the (very) occasional ride up the twisties on weekends. In between, I was an avid (bi)cyclist (push bike), both commuting and long weekend rides but the legs aren't as good as they were. So I consider myself still a beginner, maybe an intermediate beginner, and am hoping to learn many things from forum members, both in terms of riding skills and in tinkering with the bike to make it perform better (not mechanically adept but can follow instructions well, mostly). So maybe I can ride with those of you who live here and wouldn't even mind trying a track day or two (never done it) -- to improve skills, of course.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi baykaksyon, welcome. I consider myself a beginner also. I started riding in 2016 and I have not had a motorcycle since last summer. I purchased the ninja 400 about a week ago and hope to get some riding time later this week. I'm currently in New York and the weather has been really weird here. I'm hoping the weather warms up soon since I'm really tired of the cold weather here. :)

Let us know once you get your bike!

Reactions: rde09

·
Registered
244 Posts
Weird weather here also

baykaksyon, Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy many miles on your ex400 when it arrives.

Hi baykaksyon, welcome. I consider myself a beginner also. I started riding in 2016 and I have not had a motorcycle since last summer. I purchased the ninja 400 about a week ago and hope to get some riding time later this week. I'm currently in New York and the weather has been really weird here. I'm hoping the weather warms up soon since I'm really tired of the cold weather here. :)

Let us know once you get your bike!
aWanderlustSeoul, I can agree with the weird weather statement and am also looking forward to the 60 degrees predicted for the end of this week :clap:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcoming words and encouragement. I guess the weather's been weird not just in NY but the whole northeast of the USA? Sorry for that but in contrast the weather here in Manila has been surprisingly cool and a little less humid than usual at this time of year (well relatively cool compared to a sweltering summer heat and humidity) so it's a little weird over here as well but great riding weather. I used to live in NYC for a while, studying at the New School. That's where I got into bicycling with the NYCycling Club, AYH, the 5-Boro Bike Tour, Transportation Alternatives, etc. so good memories of that place even when it was in its pre-cleanup years.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude, happy to have another new rider here. I believe we've got quite a few members on here now from the Philippines. Good luck with the 400 and maybe try reaching out to some of the other members in your area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts