Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

Share Pictures Of Your Kawasaki Ninja 400

364K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  Jade 
#1 ·
Share all or any pictures of your Kawasaki Ninja 400 with the community! :wink:

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
tst fender elim and tst license plate light, custom made license plate frame "had to cut in order to fit over tst eliminator and light" used the brackets to be able to use oem turn signals all in all I hated the kit, made meh and could have been a lot better though still looks pre cool lol just weighed stock fender without indicators or screws and its a little over 0.8kgs which is heavy asf

#7 ·
tst fender elim and tst license plate light, custom made license plate frame "had to cut in order to fit over tst eliminator and light" used the brackets to be able to use oem turn signals all in all I hated the kit, made meh and could have been a lot better though still looks pre cool lol just weighed stock fender without indicators or screws and its a little over 0.8kgs which is heavy asf
Nice rear end mate. :wink: That tidies it up nicely. Will be interesting to see how the Mustard Bikes one goes on.

#15 ·
I agree about the large 400 text. With the overkill on the graphics, it makes the tank stand out too much I think. We've had nothing but rain and high winds since tuesday, so no more outings yet!

Currently I commute regularly on my DRZ and muck about down at the local river most weekends, and the plan for the ninja.. will depend on on the wife! -as it's her bike. But yeah it will get used as a commuter and weekend blaster as well as some short range touring 2-up me thinks.

I hope yours arrives soon, it's a smooth, nimble and well planted ride.

#16 ·
I was able to pickup the Ninja after the snow melted today, the dealer was very helpful loading it up on my bike carrier and the wife helped unload it. Glad to have the new edition home, has 0 miles on it presently. I have to wait until all the paperwork is received (MSO or MCO) and registered. A policeman lives 1 block from me ....

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Never saw that one locally

It didn't make it to my local dealer, or I didn't notice it imported into North America. I will have to agree with You and Topaz, that is a very nice color scheme, even the red at the bottom accents it well (was the red Motocard's addition or was it factory installed?). :clap:

#21 ·
^^ Green and white is great!

I had the 2010 Ninja 250 SE. Green and white, same schema as the same year ZX10. Great colour, great bike!

It's funny, Kawi was hiding the engine size of the ninjette since 2008. They wanted to make the bike look like a big bike so they never wrote 250 or 300 on the bodywork. Now, they seem to think that 400 is big enough to be accepted in the sport bikes community, so they put it big as the sky.

#23 ·
It's funny, Kawi was hiding the engine size of the ninjette since 2008. They wanted to make the bike look like a big bike so they never wrote 250 or 300 on the bodywork. Now, they seem to think that 400 is big enough to be accepted in the sport bikes community, so they put it big as the sky.
Yeah I noticed that too. I think it is Kawasaki announcing that they have one upped the class with the biggest engine capacity. Unnecessary IMO.

... that is a very nice color scheme, even the red at the bottom accents it well (was the red Motocard's addition or was it factory installed?).
Looking on google images all the other 2016 models seem to have the red. Funny how a splash of red seems appropriate on a racy bike. I've just ordered a set of aftermarket levers for my bike and got to chose the colours so went for red adjusters on titanium levers to get that same effect.

#32 ·
Bought it a week ago, with zero miles. Took it home on a trailer. It was $4874 OTD with a paper tag. ABS model. Rode it for the first time, today.

Rear cowl has H2-like styling (I've owned an H2):

Same with the front fairing, little wings:

Sunlight glare, but 52 miles showing now:

Side view:

It's pretty much broken in today, speed in 5th gear:

I can confidently say it is a major improvement over the 300. Of course, there is more speed in it to come, but I didn't want to put too many high speed runs on it today. I have had many faster bikes, in 32 years of street riding, but I really like these smaller ones, too. :)

#35 · (Edited)
I still have a very fast 14R, if I get too bored. :smile:

Anyway, I've put 245 miles on the 400, since last Monday.

Today, I put 92 miles on it, and took a nice ride in the country.

Glad to hear its a big jump from a 300 because I was worried a 600 would be a better move to further aid my progession to riding in liters :D
I still have both the 300 and 400:

I've had numerous 1000's. I would say that you learn a lot more about good riding technique on the smaller machines. So, you are smart to start small, and work your way up, imo!

#36 ·
I also find smaller bikes more fun, infact I think my 300 is a lot more fun than the 400 though the 400 is the smarter choice = more power, better economy, abs and just looks better imo. 300 is a fun ass bike though, will post new photos of the 400 with the new mods I have :)