Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z400
43 Posts
I put on a Delkevic slip-on today :) I got the largest size they had for the z400 in carbon fibre look. In australia we are legally not allowed to change our mufflers at all, the law says anything that changes the volume output (so basically db level) of a vehicle is not allowed. However, basically everyone does, and the only people i've ever had experience with actually get fined for having a loud exhaust are ones who have either extreamely loud exhausts, or have modified vehicles with other things that call attention to themselves.

So with that in mind, thats why i got the largest muffler i could, trying to keep the noise level down to reasonable, but still get a nicer tone than stock. Oh boy is that what i got here! Its completely changed the idle/crusing rpm tone. It has such a nice throaty little rumble now and on decel it has some small pops and growls sometimes, and as you get back on the throttle for low/mid rpm it has that kind of air gulp noise that sounds cool. But at high RPM/full throttle, it doesnt sound like a race bike and you are not waking people up 5 blocks away. Its honestly exactly what i wanted and im pretty happy!

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z400
43 Posts
Yeah 18", 450mm. Its actually bigger than the stock muffler! (all though, its more compact as its oval rather that whatever bulky nightmare you would call the stock muffler is)

This is exactly what i bought. Yeah i think with the baffle out it may call attention to itself anyway, as a very basic check that most non technical officers know is look down the exhaust and if you can see through to the end of the muffler chances are its not doing very much muffling! So im likely just going to leave the baffle in anyway. But definitely love the sound, its great.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Here's a little pic of Ninjette Noire at the Wisconsin State Capitol in Mad Town (Madison for the rest of y'all). She's parked in the shade in the lower right corner. Ms. Noire and I rode northwest on 175 to Fond du Lac, 151 southwest to Mad Town, and a mix of 18 and I94 back to Milwaukee, then I43 north to home. Appx 223 miles. Mostly seat time. I have to re-forge my formerly Iron Butt for what I hope to be doing this summer! ;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I took Ninjette Noire to the Door County peninsula today. There's lots of apple and cherry orchards, and recreation. Craft beer brewing, cider houses, wineries, and distilleries. Boating, art studios, golf, restaurants, kid parks, etc., make it a vacation destination.

One stretch of road has an intentionally twistie section, the tourist board says it was inspired by a famous landscape architect, but cynics including my wife think that it's to slow traffic.

1081 - 1100 of 1128 Posts