Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

721 - 740 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Vert and I, two nights ago (after my ride to work) when it was in the 50's! Everything was warm except my fingers. :plain:
There she goes showing off her pretty bike, and self.
Tai.. Is that green glow under the bike from LED lighting?, or from the natural glowing aura that you have developed over the years?? It seems to be there in other photos as well. OR, maybe it's just the bike! Hard to tell from way over here! :wink:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm still a little intimated on how and where I post stuff here. Just wanted to show a pic of the Z400 that I purchased in Sept, '19. I've made some upgrades. Fender eliminator, taller factory wind screen, Coffman's exhaust with a lighter hanger. Removed the rear foot pegs and added one tooth on the front sprocket, 15 teeth. Have about 750 miles on it, changed the oil once and am getting on the throttle when I can however our canyon roads are damp. I'm digging the higher gear racial, am able to run the gears longer. My size and weight had no effect on the ratio change, the torque feels the same but runs at lower rpm's on constant high speeds.
I wish the ninja400riders a Happy 2020 with tons of super fun rides ahead!
Have you noticed any spacing issues with the larger front sprocket? Grinding?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Tai.. Is that green glow under the bike from LED lighting?, or from the natural glowing aura that you have developed over the years?? It seems to be there in other photos as well. OR, maybe it's just the bike! Hard to tell from way over here! :wink:
Tai is probably a secret member of the Green Lantern Corps. :smile:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
LOLLLLLL @"or from the natural glowing aura that you have developed over the years??"

I WISH! I WISH this was thing! I always dreamed of having green glitter and pixie dust clouds surrounding me as I ride! The closest thing I got to that was my Green LED's ROFLLLL! I ride with them always at night...it helps with being seen on the streets!

You know me too well! :clap::clap::clap:

That's my LED Glow 16 strip kit that I installed! I got two under the tail and the rest are inside the fairings lol :3tens:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My bike is black on black, car grey on grey so almost alike :nerd:
That counts! YASSSS! We matchingggg upin hereeee! :3tens::3tens::3tens::3tens:

BTW how you like that Tesla?? Is it the new Tesla Y or the Tesla 3? My sister originally wanted to get a Tesla 3 but now she's thinking of the Y model. How do you like it?

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Nothing to match my Ninja, but my other bike's mud matches my car's mud.

(Yes, I know my son is wearing shorts, I asked him to move the bike and jeep off the road while we were eating lunch :) )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nothing to match my Ninja, but my other bike's mud matches my car's mud.

(Yes, I know my son is wearing shorts, I asked him to move the bike and jeep off the road while we were eating lunch :) )
Omgoodness! That JK is awesome! I need details!

- What size tires are you running and type??

- Which size rims are those?

- Which brand of rims are those? (I'm looking to get new rims from FUEL)

- Which height lift do you have and which Brand of lift kit did you have installed?

I have about $26k left on my Jeep and as soon as I pay it off, I want to start modding with lifts, tires, rims, etc. I only want a Rubicon lift on mine, I THINK...I might look into the MOAB as well as it has some options that I was feeling, that I may mimic. I currently have the life-time, unlimited mile warranty on my Jeep (they offered this apparently only during 2018 when I bought mine) so I will need to consult with my MOPAR Mechanic to make sure any alterations don't void any part of my warranty. That's why I'm thinking of going with the MOAB lift kit, because I know it's "mopar".

Let me know your thoughts!

@Kiwi Rider And sorry if I'm going off topic a bit here! I probably should've sent Atomic a PM regarding all of these questions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That counts! YASSSS! We matchingggg upin hereeee! :3tens::3tens::3tens::3tens:

BTW how you like that Tesla?? Is it the new Tesla Y or the Tesla 3? My sister originally wanted to get a Tesla 3 but now she's thinking of the Y model. How do you like it?
Thanks!! I love my Tesla, she’s a Model 3 and her name is Molly. You have to name your Tesla when you get it, it’s sort of like setting up a new phone or computer and you have to name them. Anyway, she turned 1 year old on 12/24/19 and I’ve already put 25,000 miles on her. My drive to work is 100miles round trip and since she has Autopilot so she drives me to and from work everyday :grin:. She’s also quick, a little quicker then a stock ninja 400 which makes driving fun. I’ve not had to do any maintenance since new although I’m getting a notice that I need to add windshield wiper fluid :surprise: Best car I’ve ever owned :3tens:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks!! I love my Tesla, she’s a Model 3 and her name is Molly. You have to name your Tesla when you get it, it’s sort of like setting up a new phone or computer and you have to name them. Anyway, she turned 1 year old on 12/24/19 and I’ve already put 25,000 miles on her. My drive to work is 100miles round trip and since she has Autopilot so she drives me to and from work everyday :grin:. She’s also quick, a little quicker then a stock ninja 400 which makes driving fun. I’ve not had to do any maintenance since new although I’m getting a notice that I need to add windshield wiper fluid :surprise: Best car I’ve ever owned :3tens:
Oh my...can't wait to tell my sister. She was looking to get it in a couple of years. She's waiting to see if they will make longer range batteries for it. I'm glad you love it! She's in love with them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The long range Model 3 is 320 miles of range so about 250 mile day to day regular range, so similar to many gas cars. Super chargers will add 100 miles in less than 15 minutes if your low but you shouldn’t need it unless your on a trip. It’s best to have a charger where you live then you treat it like your cell phone and charge at night when your home so you essentially have the 250 miles of range everyday and you never have to go to a gas station again (except for your Ninja).

721 - 740 of 778 Posts