Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
sister's first time on a bike, usually I dont like people touching my things hence why im so close making sure it dont fall but black on black is worth a photo
Mods on bike: 160 bt023 rear tire, ninja 300 smaller mirrors, puig short bar ends, cheap temp ebay exhaust, knife/blade brake and clutch levers

·
Registered
764 Posts

Seen the cbr 500 r so parked next to it and man compared to the ninja 400 its actually a lot smaller. sorry i didnt get any good angles of the ninja was rushing and was embarrassing haha

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
tst fender elim and tst license plate light, custom made license plate frame "had to cut in order to fit over tst eliminator and light" used the brackets to be able to use oem turn signals all in all I hated the kit, made meh and could have been a lot better though still looks pre cool lol just weighed stock fender without indicators or screws and its a little over 0.8kgs which is heavy asf

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
tst fender elim and tst license plate light, custom made license plate frame "had to cut in order to fit over tst eliminator and light" used the brackets to be able to use oem turn signals all in all I hated the kit, made meh and could have been a lot better though still looks pre cool lol just weighed stock fender without indicators or screws and its a little over 0.8kgs which is heavy asf
Nice rear end mate. :wink: That tidies it up nicely. Will be interesting to see how the Mustard Bikes one goes on.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice rear end mate. :wink: That tidies it up nicely. Will be interesting to see how the Mustard Bikes one goes on.
Cheers mate, the end now makes the 160 tire look even bigger as stated by a few mates im really liking the overall look, just have to install that custom tail light, battery and pro grips now and ill be set for a while

·
Registered
156 Posts
congratz :) now just remove the mirrors, exhaust, and fender ;)
I hear ya buddy. That exhaust is like having a noise control officer stuck to your bike, sucking the life outta the good sounds:wink:
I'm impressed with the power delivery, it's smooth just as you said in another post.

I took the wife out on it the night of its arrival, and we met some of our family at a cafe. Then a nasty thunderstorm came in from the sea and it hosed down with plenty of lightning/thunder. I let her be dropped off at home by our daughter and I rode home alone in the pouring rain/wind. I was very impressed with the grip and handling (especially considering the new tyres). We both arrived at the same time -they had used an expressway at 100 + speeds and I used town roads with traffic lights etc. This thing stuck like glue to the road. Very impressed. :grin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hear ya buddy. That exhaust is like having a noise control officer stuck to your bike, sucking the life outta the good sounds:wink:
I'm impressed with the power delivery, it's smooth just as you said in another post.

I took the wife out on it the night of its arrival, and we met some of our family at a cafe. Then a nasty thunderstorm came in from the sea and it hosed down with plenty of lightning/thunder. I let her be dropped off at home by our daughter and I rode home alone in the pouring rain/wind. I was very impressed with the grip and handling (especially considering the new tyres). We both arrived at the same time -they had used an expressway at 100 + speeds and I used town roads with traffic lights etc. This thing stuck like glue to the road. Very impressed. :grin:
I agree, I rode mine home from the dealership in 32 degree weather with it pouring down rain. The grip was way better than I thought it would be in the rain on tires with 0 miles. No issues at all.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Look what arrived two days ago. Sorry I know that a lot of you don't like the green, but happy wife happy life..
Way Hey! You got yer ride, awesome. All the colours are good, everyone's always going to have their own preference. I like the green, not so much the large 400 and too much striping IMO.
Good to hear those OEM tyres are sticky too. What sort of riding do you intend to do with your bike? Commuter or weekend blaster or both?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree about the large 400 text. With the overkill on the graphics, it makes the tank stand out too much I think. We've had nothing but rain and high winds since tuesday, so no more outings yet!

Currently I commute regularly on my DRZ and muck about down at the local river most weekends, and the plan for the ninja.. will depend on on the wife! -as it's her bike. But yeah it will get used as a commuter and weekend blaster as well as some short range touring 2-up me thinks.

I hope yours arrives soon, it's a smooth, nimble and well planted ride.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was able to pickup the Ninja after the snow melted today, the dealer was very helpful loading it up on my bike carrier and the wife helped unload it. Glad to have the new edition home, has 0 miles on it presently. I have to wait until all the paperwork is received (MSO or MCO) and registered. A policeman lives 1 block from me ....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I was able to pickup the Ninja after the snow melted today, the dealer was very helpful loading it up on my bike carrier and the wife helped unload it. Glad to have the new edition home, has 0 miles on it presently. I have to wait until all the paperwork is received (MSO or MCO) and registered. A policeman lives 1 block from me ....
Always nice to receive a bike with 0 miles on it and know that the apprentice mechanic hasn't been out around town on it 'seeing what it can do' :smile_big:

·
Registered
244 Posts
the green Ninja

I like the kawi green.
For me, kawi's are green, honda's are HRC (blue/red/white), KTM's are orange, yamahas's are blue and so on.
Topaz, I will have to agree with you and I have a green Ninja 250, just wanted the yellow Ninja this time. I had my choice as they were both the same price at my dealer ($5499), I don't really like the large 400 on the side of the krt model. I may eventually paint my bike all solar yellow or opt for an aftermarket set of custom colored plastics. Not trying to stir up anything, just to each his own.

My first Kawi was yellow, my 2006 ninja 250 was yellow, as well as 2 of my ninja 250 bikes I presently have. I understand they make the Kawasaki green with 9 parts yellow and 1 part blue paint (*from youtube's " the history of Kawasaki").

Attachments

1 - 20 of 767 Posts