Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Any update on a downloadable pdf version of the service manual?

Also, I downloaded the torque recommendations posted above. Does anybody know what the screw is called on the end of the handle grips (I am planning to install a slider kit)? I don't see it specified under the "Steering" section.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Any update on a downloadable pdf version of the service manual?

Also, I downloaded the torque recommendations posted above. Does anybody know what the screw is called on the end of the handle grips (I am planning to install a slider kit)? I don't see it specified under the "Steering" section.

Thanks guys.

I suppose there is a torque spec (like every bolt) but I can tell you that my course instructor (30+ years of exprience working on motorcycles, built his own motorcycle in his bare hands from A to Z) hand tight those bolts when we switched grips on my Ninja.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There is a general torque spec for bolt size at the end of the spec sheet so I guess I'll probably just use that. I just bought a torque wrench this past week so I am looking to use it as much as possible.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anyone know where to get a PDF of the service manual?

Title says it all ? if I have to pay 90$ for it I will, I just feel like this is something that should be given along with the owners manual I. The purchase of any new bike

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Same. Looks like Kawi removed it from their website and replaced it with a really trash experience instead. You have to flip through the book online now, rather than downloading.

You mean the owners manual?

The service manual, or shop manual, was never posted at their site for download or viewing

·
Registered
716 Posts
Kawasaki, and other motor sport manufacturers, sell their service manuals in both paper and electronic format. Most companies, including Kawasaki, provide an electronic PDF copy of their owner's manuals free of charge. Why should we expect to get a service manual for free, when it requires a huge investment in time and effort to produce a quality service manual? I'm old and certainly behind times, but I can't see the reasoning of not wanting to pay for someone's efforts and products. I see no difference in a large company like Kawasaki or an individual in a small race shop developing programs to handle the bikes ECU mapping after the bike's exhaust is modified. IMHO, Time and effort are valuable and should be rewarded accordingly. :nerd:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't see a problem with charging for the service manual. It's not really intended for the typical buyer of the motorcycle but rather those that want to do professional-level repair or service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You mean the owners manual?

The service manual, or shop manual, was never posted at their site for download or viewing
I mean the owner's manual. There used to be a PDF download on their site that was gated by entering email and zipcode. They still have the same gate, but rather than having a PDF download it's now a full-screen interactive book, complete with sound effects and terrible UX for flipping through the pages one-by-one.

I actually bought the service manual for $75 through a friend at a Kawi dealership, but I'd still love to download the owner's manual in PDF form. Wish they hadn't gotten rid of it, but somebody must have a copy... right?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I mean the owner's manual. There used to be a PDF download on their site that was gated by entering email and zipcode. They still have the same gate, but rather than having a PDF download it's now a full-screen interactive book, complete with sound effects and terrible UX for flipping through the pages one-by-one.

I actually bought the service manual for $75 through a friend at a Kawi dealership, but I'd still love to download the owner's manual in PDF form. Wish they hadn't gotten rid of it, but somebody must have a copy... right?
Try using this link:
https://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/14875-post1.html

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah that link works but the information is out-of-date. Back when it was posted on 4/22, there was a PDF download available on the site. It's no longer available and has been replaced with a full-screen interactive book with sound-effects.
What a pain. I'm sure Kawasaki has a reason for that. But, I can get a Free PDF version of Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki's Owners Manuals on demand, with no more effort than typing in the bike's year and description. Probably Kawasaki's Marketing Department's idea, more than their Safety Department's concern of keeping their owners informed. But, maybe they have a valid reason other than more opportunities to promote their sales. I guess they figure "It's Free, So you can sit and watch my promotional ads if you want it". :wink:

·
Registered
725 Posts
free copy of service manual??

does anyone have a PDF copy of the service manual i might get get on the side? trying to not buy a copy.

Reactions: TaiMc
21 - 40 of 78 Posts