Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wish there was one in PDF available. I don't like to keep big books around, I like to have all of them in PDF on my computer or tablet. That's what I've done for the last 4 bikes and it was pretty handy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If someone gets a copy of this, maybe they can post up a torque value chart???

Pretty please?

I’m gonna be tearing into the front end pretty soon and would like to know the recommended factory torque settings for front axle, triple, calipers, etc...

I’ll get myself a copy of the manual eventually...but that’s much later down the road when I start diving into the top end for valve inspections/adjustments...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muchas gracias to a member that helped with the clutch info. Just FYI, although I don't have the 400 Service Manual (SM), I do have the 300 manual, and many of parts and tolerances are the same, but some are different, so proceed with caution if you are using the old manual (almost all the clutch info is the same).

·
Registered
913 Posts
Still no PDF version of the N400 manual out there?

Would be nice to have the section on the clutch for those torque values....I know about the hard copy one from the service manual website, just surprised there is no PDF version out there anywhere

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm considering sending my manual to be turned into a pdf...
Yeah, I have considered buying the printed one from the service manual site, then scan it all into a PDF. Since at work we have massive Ricoh scanner/printers that we can scan files to ourselves via email, as a PDF.
I can just take each page and scan them in and email to myself.

I use a Laptop in my garage on an arm mounted to the wall I can swing out of the way with all my manuals, videos, etc. on it....sorta like this....

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
If someone gets a copy of this, maybe they can post up a torque value chart???

Pretty please?

I’m gonna be tearing into the front end pretty soon and would like to know the recommended factory torque settings for front axle, triple, calipers, etc...

I’ll get myself a copy of the manual eventually...but that’s much later down the road when I start diving into the top end for valve inspections/adjustments...
Here is the torque chart for the Ninja 400

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm considering sending my manual to be turned into a pdf...
I printed out half of the owners manual from PDF, front and back and put it on one of these commercial scanner/printers, hit scan and told it front and back, sent about 80 pages to a PDF in my email inbox in about 45 seconds.

If I can put the manual into separate pages, should be a 10-15 min job to put one into PDF and it look dang nice. I need to mess with the settings a little so the scanned in pages look very nice, but looks like it will be a super easy

Now I just need to get my hands on a manual.......

·
Registered
308 Posts
I printed out half of the owners manual from PDF, front and back and put it on one of these commercial scanner/printers, hit scan and told it front and back, sent about 80 pages to a PDF in my email inbox in about 45 seconds.

If I can put the manual into separate pages, should be a 10-15 min job to put one into PDF and it look dang nice. I need to mess with the settings a little so the scanned in pages look very nice, but looks like it will be a super easy

Now I just need to get my hands on a manual.......
The service manual is the size of a text book and easily 700+ pages.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The service manual is the size of a text book and easily 700+ pages.
Dang ok, so still do'able, just take a little bit and I am pretty sure I can fit about 300-400 pages on the manual feed in the printer, but 700+ I would have to add paper as the stack got smaller to keep the scan going into 1 PDF.....maybe I will look at the settings and see if there is a pause and resume option and then send cause once I put my email in and hit scan once the paper is done feeding it converts to PDF and emails it to me all at once

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
666 Posts
I was planning on purchasing a manual at the dealer this week....but, I would rather pass some green to you bOXcrash for a pdf.

I am coming up on 600 miles and want to do an oil change, remove the fairings, clean, inspect and do a general look around. I might even pull the plug and measure the gaps...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts