Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has both mesh and Bluetooth intercom and the voice commands for directions or phone calls works great. The speakers are made by the company that used to be JBL. All the incoming audio is crystal clear with earplugs in. Was using a cheapie Sena and moved up to this one. I'm liking it. Oh, did I mention music is REALLY good
馃悏

Registered
Allright! I'll talk your ear off. Does your buddy on the SV have the same? Makes group riding easier, plus you can tell jokes. 馃憣
馃悏
He has the Sena 30K, they should all work together. 馃槈 The 50S has an extra hour talk time, which was the appeal of the slightly more expensive unit.

I've never had a communicator because I usually ride alone. We thought it might be easier to stick together in city traffic on the ride to the Dragon with these gizmos. Milwaukee's a straight shot, but Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville and Knoxville are all full of turns and traffic. And for solo riding, I like that I'd be able to get voice directions from Google Maps. My Beeline navigator only gives a big directional arrow, but it can be confusing if there are several roads in the immediate area. Having the road named out loud might be better.

Reactions: Tracy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I started back riding again after a many year layoff on my '19 Z400, I went with helmet comms then. It is both handy and enjoyable. Nothing like blasting the Dragon or Foothills Pky with Flirtin' with Disaster in your helmet. Or Highway to ****. Also great for schooling Grandson real time on the road.
馃悏

Registered
My new toy arrived late yesterday. I installed it this morning. Now I have to play with it enough that I'm used to its functions.

Y'know, I thought that I was looking too much like a spaceman before--now this! o_O

The only difficulty was getting the cheek cushions back in on the side with the unit. I used the clamp-on installation instead of taping it to the side, so it was a slight bit of work to get the plastic tab to push under the outer shell.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal protective equipment Bumper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts