Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My good people...
So I need to get a communications device for taking calls while I'm riding, I dont need video so much but would be nice to have. Anyone have any experience with the Sena 10c..?

I checked it out and video looks Ok, Nice that it is an all in one ready to go all the time. Taking calls is priority, I'm not a vloger - although it would be nice to record during rides.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've always considered it a pretty premium price for a subpar camera setup. If video isn't a priority at the moment, I'd wait and buy a seperate camera later.

Reactions: jonfonts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mr. Mike,

I will buy the 10c Evo in a heartbeat if it ever becomes available, they announced it about two years ago! I would love to have 1080p 60 frames available like the Evo offers. At this point the 'Evo' is the worst abuse of Vapor-Ware I have ever experienced. That being said I would replace my 10c tomorrow if it stopped working today. I love it to pieces, and it adds much enjoyment to my riding experience.

The integration is by far the best part, and is quite well done. The video quality is OK, especially if you are mainly using it as a dash cam. Like I said, I would jump at the chance for better video quality, but not if it meant integrating multiple pieces of equipment hanging off my helmet. I would rarely be willing to except the hassle and would be without video most of the time! The new RC4 4 button handlebar remote is great. It allows control all the functions for music, phone calls, intercom, camera, & video. The 10c allows the use of earbuds, I use Shure SE215's so I've got great sound quality and hearing protection. I use a USB battery pack in my jacket pocket so it will record all day long, and has no problem using a 64GB card for storing video.

I've videoed 814 hours since I got mine! That's about 4.8 TB of data! I now do every minute of every ride. Reviewing videos has made me a better rider, and has helped my navigation skills. It also allows me to keep more accurate logs that extends my hobby on rainy days like today.

My only regret with the 10c is that I didn't prioritize and buy it before I picked up my last new bike. I really wish I had every minute of every ride!

For me it's the best money I've spent on my bike, and I've spent many thousands...

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've always considered it a pretty premium price for a subpar camera setup. If video isn't a priority at the moment, I'd wait and buy a seperate camera later.
Hello RedRider2k2 thanks for the info man..
I just need it for a quick and convenient always ready to go device for service calls, The camera is just an extra. I've never used bluetooth on bikes so I was just wondering if it was a garbage unit or something made by a reputable manufacturer, after some research It looks like Sena is a main stream company.

Mr. Mike,

I will buy the 10c Evo in a heartbeat if it ever becomes available, they announced it about two years ago! I would love to have 1080p 60 frames available like the Evo offers. At this point the 'Evo' is the worst abuse of Vapor-Ware I have ever experienced. That being said I would replace my 10c tomorrow if it stopped working today. I love it to pieces, and it adds much enjoyment to my riding experience.

The integration is by far the best part, and is quite well done. The video quality is OK, especially if you are mainly using it as a dash cam. Like I said, I would jump at the chance for better video quality, but not if it meant integrating multiple pieces of equipment hanging off my helmet. I would rarely be willing to except the hassle and would be without video most of the time! The new RC4 4 button handlebar remote is great. It allows control all the functions for music, phone calls, intercom, camera, & video. The 10c allows the use of earbuds, I use Shure SE215's so I've got great sound quality and hearing protection. I use a USB battery pack in my jacket pocket so it will record all day long, and has no problem using a 64GB card for storing video.

I've videoed 814 hours since I got mine! That's about 4.8 TB of data! I now do every minute of every ride. Reviewing videos has made me a better rider, and has helped my navigation skills. It also allows me to keep more accurate logs that extends my hobby on rainy days like today.

My only regret with the 10c is that I didn't prioritize and buy it before I picked up my last new bike. I really wish I had every minute of every ride!

For me it's the best money I've spent on my bike, and I've spent many thousands...

Rick
Hello Sir..
I've come to two conclusion rick your either the companies best sales guy or you just really love your 10C, Glad to hear you love it man...!

There was a customer returned unit that comes with a 30 day refund warranty on ebay for 223.00, So I snagged it. Its almost half price of a new unit if you add tax - worst case scenario is I send it back for a refund if it has any issues, if not then it will fit the bill as a dash cam, but I really need the bluetooth capability. mybe ill be surprised and it takes decent video that I can post here and there.. thanks man,

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just need it for quick and convenient ready to go all the time device for service calls, The camera is just an extra. I was just wondering if it was garbage unit or something made by a reputable manufacturer, after some research It looks Sena is the " be all " when it comes to helmet communication devices for cyclist.

There was a customer returned unit that comes with a 30 day refund warranty on ebay for 223.00, So I snagged it. Its almost half price of a new unit if you add tax - worst case scenario is I send it back for a refund if it has any issues, if not then it will fit the bill as my dash cam.
I look forward to your impressions, the phone does work great with it. People can't even tell I'm on the bike.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one that came from ebay, wouldn't format the SD card. Or allow a firmware update. So I'm going to just get a brand new one today...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mr. Mike,

I always use my computer to format the card to exFAT. I normally use a 64GB card in my 10c. The 10c will NOT let you update firmware with a 64GB card. I use a 4GB card I have and it works fine. That is probably the problem as you try to format. You don't mention the size you are trying.

I have used a 128GB card and it will record video all day (and night) with no problems, just no firmware updates unless you use a smaller card.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I look forward to your impressions, the phone does work great with it. People can't even tell I'm on the bike.
Got my new Sena 10c, Phone is clear and works well, The video is pretty decent, Trying to figure out the best settings... have any pro set up tips sir....?

Video is currently set to 720P 60 Fames a sec. I assume the faster frame rate is better for capturing motion and to read words on signs...?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got my new Sena 10c, Phone is clear and works well, The video is pretty decent, Trying to figure out the best settings... have any pro set up tips sir....?

Video is currently set to 720P 60 Fames a sec. I assume the faster frame rate is better for capturing motion and to read words on signs...?
I agree 60 frames is more important than Resolution. Not much else to mention video wise. Thank you for updating me on the news that Sena is back on track for the 10c Evo (and maybe Pro?) cool. I can't wait to get one.

Do you think you are going to keep the one you got from eBay?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree 60 frames is more important than Resolution. Not much else to mention video wise. Thank you for updating me on the news that Sena is back on track for the 10c Evo (and maybe Pro?) cool. I can't wait to get one.

Do you think you are going to keep the one you got from eBay?
No... After trying for two hrs reading reseting and talking to Sena tech support I requested a return label for return refund..

I'm testing out the diff video settings right now, but like you said the phone and video audio is outstanding....

I'll get the evo when it comes out and sell this one :grin: but for now it's suits my needs perfectly... Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I agree 60 frames is more important than Resolution. Not much else to mention video wise.
After checking my settings I have to disagree with what I said above. When I checked the settings I've been using for years I found I was using 1080p x30 Frame. So...

I set my 10c to 720p 60 frames and went for a ride . At this setting I couldn't read any info on my dash, Phone Screen, and very few road signs. In 1080p they can be hard to catch but the detail is much improved. I actually shot myself in the foot and put mine back on 1080p. I'm quite disappointed in the clarity of this test video.

I'm using a 1080p computer monitor and a good software player, but I've seen some 720p plasma systems that have some magic with 720p content.

I definitely recommend testing how things work on your own system, I'm glad I checked mine, even if I already had them set right for my needs.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Holoquest

After having the Sena 10c for a couple weeks now I can honestly say, I love it. All in ones rarely excel in anything - But the phone is perfect, the video in 1080 p is pretty decent and for me suits the bill.... I see no reason it cant be used to make vlogs actually. I like that its not cumbersome on my helmet - for me its worth the money.. and ill be getting the evo when it comes out for the better frame rate...

I have posted a few short vids on here already thanks to this cool little device, Thanks man for helping me decide to get it, It was your sales pitch that pushed me over the edge.!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just a heads up..

The newer versions of the Sena products are starting to be released finally.. I like the Sena Prism Tube (120.00) and have the new version Sena Prism Tube WiFi(180.00) on the way already which is capable of 2k video at 30, 1080p60 and 30 plus they now have a WiFi app for their camera equipped headsets which will take the guess work out of alignment ...... it seems between September and October all the new models will be out and about... save your pennies..its gonna be a bumpy ride...

Oh yeah..the new 10c Pro should be next: https://www.sena.com/product/10c-pro/

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a heads up..

The newer versions of the Sena products are starting to be released finally.. I like the Sena Prism Tube (120.00) and have the new version Sena Prism Tube WiFi(180.00) on the way already which is capable of 2k video at 30, 1080p60 and 30 plus they now have a WiFi app for their camera equipped headsets which will take the guess work out of alignment ...... it seems between September and October all the new models will be out and about... save your pennies..its gonna be a bumpy ride...

https://youtu.be/3oNGYgXFDSg

Dying to get the 10c pro or evo.... Lol they been saying for a while now that their commin out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just a heads up..

I Like the fact that the 10c Pro seems to be a small but straight forward upgrade of the 10c. The device format & button placements look the same, and the mount and connections look the same. All good for me.

The upgrades are what I was hoping for; 1080p @ 60 Frames, and WiFi to the phone! The 10 degree extra field of view is a nice bonus too. Perfect.

I've been using 64 GB and even 128 GB cards in my 10c for years, they record and work just fine. The only hitch is you can't update the firmware with an oversize memory card in the camera.

The new Prism looks great too, I'll probably grab one to add to my video fun, it just means I'm going to have to learn to start editing my footage.

I've had my money saved up for a couple years now...

·
Registered
440 Posts
So.... about Murphy..and his law that follows me around..... if it can go wrong it will... lol...
I just received the following update for my cross country shipment of the new Prism WiFi..

"

• Aug 23 11:00 am

A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible."
I never had a derailment report before...hmm..
If it can go wrong..it will... hopefully no harm to anyone during this derailment..
Maybe next week I will try it out..lol..

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So.... about Murphy..and his law that follows me around..... if it can go wrong it will...

I don't mind Murphy so much he stays at my place, Its his little sister Murphina that drives me nuts..!

Same scenario, Train derailed... My package, the one sitting in the middle of 300 others would be the only one destroyed in the wreck. So not only will it be late, it won't work when it arrives.

Lol... Murphy drops a Box of nails in a parking lot. A few people that drive threw them will need to get their tires patched, when I drive threw Murphina sees me coming and stands one up so it punctures the side wall of the tire, and has to be replaced.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Same scenario, Train derailed...

Hmm..wonder if UPS just has a new "we screwed up..tell them anything" added to a delay delivery now.. didn't know that many Trains keep derailing... lol

The delay made me grab another CHEAPER knock off of Gopro to play with anyways (they are so addictive ).. it should be here on Sunday thanks to Amazon's Great Prime service.. Umm..I think.. so I can wait on the Sena a bit longer.. I think the Sena's issue was it started the shipment from Las Vegas(cough) and went to California before heading to Carolina's... those west coast folks..pffft... I got it from Revzilla and was hoping it shipped from their Philly warehouse.. :grin::devil::grin:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I Just got the new Sena C-10 pro today, Ill post a video soon showing its recording quality.

I hope you have the time to share your thoughts on it. I'm looking forward to getting one when I can. Ninja 400 stuff is taking all my money at the moment...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts