Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally just went over 600 Miles. So gonna do that first OC in the next day or so. Opinions or preference on Semi Vs. Full?

·
Registered
656 Posts
So finally just went over 600 Miles. So gonna do that first OC in the next day or so. Opinions or preference on Semi Vs. Full?
For now just go with a Conventional Oil & New Filter..!

1 K&N Filter KN-303 $10.97 and 2 Qts of Valvoline Conventional 4-Stroke Motorcycle oil 10W40 $4.44 Both at Wallmart.

Down the road go full Synthetic if you want a longer service interval... Still have to change the oil before it turns black " Soot ", Synthetic oils are nifty but I'd still change it at the service interval the manual states, regardless of oil used I've never had a bike fail due to regular oil changes.

I have over 27k Miles on my ninja 250, it still rides like its new and never had anything but good old regular oil in it...

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Shop by API Service Classification

For best results, shop by API Service Classification.
Use SL or lower at 600 and 2,000 miles. Use SM or SN after that.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Yes.

:popcorn:
vegetable oil for first 2k miles then after use olive oil for better engine life
You guys crack me up! :smile_big:
I know it doesn't help the OP but thanks for giving me a laugh.

I guess if you backed me into a corner over this I would confess to being a 'semi' sort of guy but I sure as heck ain't gonna die in a ditch for my stance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Years ago we used vegetable oil Castrol R it gave out a lovely smell , all the racers used it ,and all the lads who
tuned there road bike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went with Full Synth.

So... I did the OC tonight. Afterwards took it out for a ride. I'm not sure if it's all in my head or what. But it feels, sounds, and run so much smoother after the OC was done. Is this common or again is it just in my head?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well I went with Full Synth.

So... I did the OC tonight. Afterwards took it out for a ride. I'm not sure if it's all in my head or what. But it feels, sounds, and run so much smoother after the OC was done. Is this common or again is it just in my head?
The synthetic oil will make the bike seem smoother than the break in oil and shift smother too, The bike will probably run a little cooler as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts