Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to buy a hindle slip on exhuast with carbon fiber tip? Perfect condition $180! I’m selling my 400 and would like to make it back to stock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the model ? also, why are you selling the 4-hundo if you don't mind me asking?
Im confused? It is the hindle megaphone exhuast. Also I’m getting rid of it because I learned a lot on it and feel I’m ready to get the zx10r

·
Registered
120 Posts
Im confused? It is the hindle megaphone exhuast. Also I’m getting rid of it because I learned a lot on it and feel I’m ready to get the zx10r
He's asking which end cap you selected:

Black Ceramic Coated, or Carbon Fiber.

Also, if you are new to motorcycles; which you mention in your first post in April, I can guarantee you have not learned nearly enough for a bike marginally more powerful like a 600, much less a ZX-10R. I'd be willing to wager you aren't able to squeeze the full performance out of the 400, so a 998cc motorcycle will only serve to put you and anybody on your line in harm's way.

That being said, I'm interested in the exhaust; but you've made no mention of your location which would be helpful in judging whether or not to buy.

EDIT: This is just my :2cents:, do what you want and I wish you all the best of luck and safety in your travels.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's asking which end cap you selected:

Black Ceramic Coated, or Carbon Fiber.

Also, if you are new to motorcycles; which you mention in your first post in April, I can guarantee you have not learned nearly enough for a bike marginally more powerful like a 600, much less a ZX-10R. I'd be willing to wager you aren't able to squeeze the full performance out of the 400, so a 998cc motorcycle will only serve to put you and anybody on your line in harm's way.

That being said, I'm interested in the exhaust; but you've made no mention of your location which would be helpful in judging whether or not to buy.

EDIT: This is just my :2cents:, do what you want and I wish you all the best of luck and safety in your travels.
I understand I will be riding normal though I don’t need to go to the twisters this is just to have haha I don’t ride crazy also I’m located in Chicago and would shop you the exhuast

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOL Statement of the day!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lol I don’t race and go in cornering fast like you guys be I just ride to ride and having a fast straight away is all I need
That was just as much my concern for your safety as it was that you were going to chuck it into corners right off the lot. There's quite a bit of danger involved when you go in excess of 100mph+ on the freeways that have; rain grooves, pot holes, oil, and garbage. It's a large part of the reason that I didn't get a CBR600RR, I really, really, really wanted one. I'd even consider myself more of a Honda man, who loves his inline fours. But I knew with a top speed of near 160mph, having all that speed means you'll want to use it. Anyone that's seen my early posts, knows I sound like a broken record, but I'd rather ride a "slow" bike fast, than a fast bike slow. Because that is most undoubtably what you will be doing most of the time with that ZX-10R.

Have you considered keeping the 400 and going to a supermoto track in your area akin something like this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was just as much my concern for your safety as it was that you were going to chuck it into corners right off the lot. There's quite a bit of danger involved when you go in excess of 100mph+ on the freeways that have; rain grooves, pot holes, oil, and often garbage. It's a large part of the reason that I didn't get a CBR600RR, I really, really, really wanted one. I'd even consider myself more of a Honda man, who loves his inline fours. But I knew with a top speed of near 160mph, having all that speed means you'll want to use it. Anyone that's seen my early posts, knows I sound like a broken record, but I'd rather ride a "slow" bike fast, than a fast bike slow. Because that is most undoubtably what you will be doing most of the time what that ZX-10R.

Have you considered keeping the 400 and going to a supermoto track in your area akin something like this?
I can’t afford both :crying: but I get the 400 to 125-130mph every day

·
Registered
261 Posts
Speaking of reality... Um, when you getting your 400 man...?

My savings were just past the half way point before this weeks $700 plus auto repair bill. I should still be on track for sometime in September...

I just passed the 40,000 Mile mark on my 2015 Ninja 1000! It sure helps my patience to have a nice bike to ride while I'm saving!

Now, back to reality.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That was just as much my concern for your safety as it was that you were going to chuck it into corners right off the lot. There's quite a bit of danger involved when you go in excess of 100mph+ on the freeways that have; rain grooves, pot holes, oil, and garbage. It's a large part of the reason that I didn't get a CBR600RR, I really, really, really wanted one. I'd even consider myself more of a Honda man, who loves his inline fours. But I knew with a top speed of near 160mph, having all that speed means you'll want to use it. Anyone that's seen my early posts, knows I sound like a broken record, but I'd rather ride a "slow" bike fast, than a fast bike slow. Because that is most undoubtably what you will be doing most of the time with that ZX-10R.
[/URL]
^^ and some such advice from seasoned riders is exactly what helped me tame the inner moron and not buy the ZX-6R. sometimes the concern is not money but common sense i guess (personally).
i know i have a knack for digging up old threads. :devil:

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
and some such advice from seasoned riders is exactly what helped me tame the inner moron and not buy the ZX-6R.
Same here! My hand was shaking to buy the 6R...but at the end of the day I would have scared the crap out of myself with that bike. I am so happy with the performance of the 400. Thanks for digging up this one, I re read this from the beginning and it made me laugh! :clap:

·
Registered
152 Posts
You also will be leaning over the front more, since you will be going from a sport model to a supersport.

But i know you just kidding. :shipwrecked: :wavetowel2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts