Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
English company Scorpion make some of the best aftermarket exhaust products IMO.
I inquired via e-mail as to when they will have something available and I was told they will be starting on something in April and they asked if I would be interested in making my bike available for the testing.
As I live in NZ this isn't possible so If there is anyone in the UK interested then PM me and I will give you the guys details.

Here is a link to their N300 offering:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've heard of this company before and its good to see that they have interest in making a new system for the 400. Is this just a slip on exhaust?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard of this company before and its good to see that they have interest in making a new system for the 400. Is this just a slip on exhaust?
They do both for the 300 so assume they will do same for the 400.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Scorpion have just released a slip on, saw it last weekend at my local dealer ( they actually loaned a 400 for them to develop the unit ) it looks very good too. Got a scorpion on the GTR ( connie ) and it does sound really good very deep tone .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Emailed Scorpion last night and got these replies:

Thanks for the enquiry, we have just finished developing and exhaust for the Ninja 400 and are in the final stages of getting this product released now. If you keep your eye on our facebook page and our website, all the information will be on there soon.

If you need anything further, please dont hesitate to contact me.

Regards

R&D (Technical)

Thanks for the enquiry.

We're just in the process of developing an exhaust for that model and will have details available in the next couple of weeks.

Slip on and full systems will be available.
Not long now folks!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Emailed Scorpion last night and got these replies:
Not long now folks!
Good to hear! This is my preferred option at this stage.
I quite like the look of their stainless steel serket taper. I Think it would contrast my with black bike nicely.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good to hear! This is my preferred option at this stage.
I quite like the look of their stainless steel serket taper. I Think it would contrast my with black bike nicely.
I had a serket taper full system on my old bike and it made it sounds like a beast without the baffle, very similar to a helicopter hovering overhead - in idle. These guys know what they're doing!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'm hopefully going in to the showroom this weekend so i will take a picture and post it up.
Here ya go - first for the Forum - not released price as yet but dealer told me slightly more than the N300 was appx $450US.

Well made - looks the Muts Nuts - not as up-swept as the 300, was a little lower but all in all a nice piece of kit. I did ask if he would start it but unfortunately not in the showroom, but he did say it was a nice low down growl kind of tone. They have a back order already.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go - first for the Forum - not released price as yet but dealer told me slightly more than the N300 was appx $450US.

Well made - looks the Muts Nuts - not as up-swept as the 300, was a little lower but all in all a nice piece of kit. I did ask if he would start it but unfortunately not in the showroom, but he did say it was a nice low down growl kind of tone. They have a back order already.
Thanks for that mate, looks good. Funnily enough I've just been out tonite with my dealer friend who can get me Scorpion products off the NZ distributor at discount and he tells me he is selling his business and has an interested party! :eek:
Need to get that order in quick!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any chance of doing a group buy through him?
Not sure but could ask him. Probably no I would expect. The arrangement was that he was sponsoring my racing efforts by providing parts for my race bike at wholesale rates, so I already feel like I'm pushing my luck a bit asking for bits for my road bike at same deal. He may be able to cut you a good price though.
What part of NZ you in?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Contacted Scorpion earlier today and they replied with some pictures of the exhausts in development. Here you go folks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 82 Posts