Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to hear RoC is still good to go...guess I didn't read the email too well...
Technically, Nelson is only about 40 minutes further...
2 hours of cheap practice and endurance training..and you're done by noon so you can get home early...
+ where else can you average 90+ mph for 2 hours (including the pit stop) on a 400???

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Good to hear RoC is still good to go...guess I didn't read the email too well...
Technically, Nelson is only about 40 minutes further...
2 hours of cheap practice and endurance training..and you're done by noon so you can get home early...
+ where else can you average 90+ mph for 2 hours (including the pit stop) on a 400???
Road America, Brainerd (Donnybrooke Course) and Daytona :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
And which of those are closer to you than Nelson? :whistle:
Daytona is only about an hour further than Nelson, but it's a pretty unique track which is why I'll probably go again in a few weeks. Plus it's points for the championship region I'm racing in.

Went to Road America in July, which is almost double the distance as Nelson, but soooo worth it!! Still my favorite track out of the 16 or 17 I've been to! But now PittRace is in number 2 after this last weekend :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went to Road America CCS in July as well...didn't take the little bike though...seems like it would have been a bit on the boring side for the 400...most definitely worth the trip though (will take some sort of non-toll route next time)

Good luck at Daytona, haven't been there yet myself, do hear it is fun though

Barber (my favorite) for the WERA GNF in October will be my last stop of the year...hopefully better weather than last year

Stay safe...see you out there somewhere next year..Jennings in February??

Peace

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Went to Road America CCS in July as well...didn't take the little bike though...seems like it would have been a bit on the boring side for the 400...most definitely worth the trip though (will take some sort of non-toll route next time)

Good luck at Daytona, haven't been there yet myself, do hear it is fun though

Barber (my favorite) for the WERA GNF in October will be my last stop of the year...hopefully better weather than last year

Stay safe...see you out there somewhere next year..Jennings in February??

Peace
Man, you missed out! That's a bummer that you didn't bring the 400 to RA! Unfortunately there weren't many of us, but we had probably about 5-6 on 400s and another friend of mine on an FZR400. Not many, but everyone was pretty fast, so we had some really fun races. It was a blast, other than I missed 2 races cuz my chain snapped in the first race on Sunday. That track is not boring on any bike in my opinion! It's the closest I ever came to winning a race...lost out by about 0.2 seconds to a friend of mine. What did you race there? Your KTM in the LW classes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
No - took an Aprilia Shiver for Saturday..did like formula 40 sprint to try and learn the track & then did the LW team challenge at the end of the day...was fun..think I finally started to learn it by the end of the TC (was a lot wider than I thought early on)...definitely a track I want to do again...take a big bike next time...

161 - 167 of 167 Posts