Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

I've always been more of an old Honda guy, I like the simplicity of 40 year old carbs and a frequent maintenance schedule :blink:

I wanted something cheap and fun, that I can tinker with as I learn more about modern bikes with their coolant systems and fuel injection. It was either a CBR600RR or the Ninja 400. A lot of things that lead me to the Ninja but it all boils down to the old adage, it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than ride a fast bike slow.

I did quite a bit of research and took a lot of test ride reviews into consideration. Can't wait to get passed the break in period and really see what it can do. I'm not babying it, but I'm not ragging it out either.

Also, I'm pretty strict about staying on top of a bike's maintenance schedule, preventative maintenance is often the cheapest route. So if anybody has a link on the service manual I can Paypal or Venmo chip in on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a good amount of riding and maintaining experience to hold you in good stead with the new machine. Enjoy your riding.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Definitely let us know your impressions of the bike after breakin.

I always wanted to live in San Diego for a year or two. Are you originally from southern cal?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Born and raised on the Yuma/Mexico border, served up and down the entire west coast from the top of Alaska to the Colombia; San Diego really is one of the nicest places to live in The Golden State. We pay out the nose for it, but I'm happy to do it since the twisties are less than half a hour away, and I get to ride them year round.

Let me know if you find yourself out this way, I'm always ready to hop on the bike and go!

EDIT: Misspelling

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just flogged mine on Palomar, today.

Ran against my slightly modified RC 390 my bud was riding.

Kaw 400 bone stock and being "broken in as I just got it a few days ago. Did get " all the tire " , though.:devil:

Bike were very close to each other , though I was holding back a bit on RPM this early in the game.

May have You Tube video in a few days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts