Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, unfortunate being that i have no credit history, the main bike dealership and the only one around here that has Ninja 400’s, said even if Input $4,000 down, I wouldn’t get approved without a co signer.

So instead I bought a 2004 Vulcan 500 for $900. I like it, fun little bike, definitely would have preferred the Ninja, just glad I have something to ride while I start trying to build my credit. My next bike though will probably either be a zx6r, MT-09 or a GSXR750

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't sweat it, man. I remember a time in my life where I had owned some really nice sport bikes, up to a 750 Ninja...and then I had to sell. I couldn't ride for a few years, due to money concerns. Then, I bought the only bike I could afford....a 650 Savage with a big dent in the fuel tank.

I thought it would not be that much fun, but it really was! It was just nice be back on two wheels, again.

You will get the bike you really want, just give it time. In the meantime, have fun on your Vulcan! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
+1, enjoy it. Work hard for what you want and more will come when the time is right!

On the upside, its nice not having payment for the "toys". :grin:

Reactions: bearjew

·
Registered
764 Posts
With my own experiance I can say that you will have much more fun on the Vulkan only due to the price and being older, these things in your head will make you not care to much for the bike itself and mainly focus on enjoying it, when buying a brand new bike you always focus on not scratching it, or destroying it and never really 100% focus on the fun ect, so all in all in my personal opinion you will not love the bike as much as let say if you got the new 400 but you will certainly enjoy it more :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys, and I will be, I have some maintenance to do on the bike (excited to have something to wrench on, need to buy wrenches lol) but after that I will be building my credit, I would like to have a new bike in 2 years.

A few days after I got it I took it for a 135 Mile ride and absolutely loved it

Only thing I wish is I could have found a ninja 500 for a good price, other then that I’m happy with it ^.^

·
Registered
423 Posts
@Lucros Congrats on the bike. I agree with the others. Regardless of the bike, just being able to ride is awesome and sounds like you are enjoying your new bike and you have plenty of time to upgrade later and who knows what new models will be available in a couple of years. :)

A little off topic but the 2018 KTM Duke 790 looks so sick and based on the initial reviews, it seems like it's going to be an amazing bike. Reliability and price are in question but looking forward to the comparisons with MT-09, Street Triple, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts