Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gosh, haven't installed anything but ProGrip gel handlebar grips.

Right turn signal will not illuminate either bulb.

Checked the rear right bulb and it looks fine. The right front seems fine but it's quite hard to access without removing the faring. I don't think there's only one fuse per signal. No codes on the dash. My only guess is loose wire or connector somewhere. Usually a relay affects both signals if I remember. I checked under the tail and everything looks okay there. Only 150 miles on the bike. Suggestions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah. Got to the fusebox easily. Actually you just have to remove 2 bolts that hold-on the black panel on the left side of the bike.

Fuse for the turn-signal was 10A and was fine.

I noticed now both signals were not working. I then moved the handlebars a bit and then they both were working. Moved them around a bit more and one would work, then another, then neither, then both.

Feels like the relay switch is acting up where the turn-signals are activated. It seems to be working okay now. When they weren't working, centering/cancelling the signal would illuminate the chosen signal beforehand briefly, then re-applying the direction would allow it to work again. If I'm selecting a signal with sincerity and gumption, the signal will always seem to work. Seems bug-y. Firmly grabbing the entire turn-signal mechanism seems to allow 100% signal action. Either a loose wire within the turn-signal mechanism/relay or, heck, I don't know what else.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ah. Got to the fusebox easily. Actually you just have to remove 2 bolts that hold-on the black panel on the left side of the bike.

Fuse for the turn-signal was 10A and was fine.

I noticed now both signals were not working. I then moved the handlebars a bit and then they both were working. Moved them around a bit more and one would work, then another, then neither, then both.

Feels like the relay switch is acting up where the turn-signals are activated. It seems to be working okay now. When they weren't working, centering/cancelling the signal would illuminate the chosen signal beforehand briefly, then re-applying the direction would allow it to work again. If I'm selecting a signal with sincerity and gumption, the signal will always seem to work. Seems bug-y. Firmly grabbing the entire turn-signal mechanism seems to allow 100% signal action. Either a loose wire within the turn-signal mechanism/relay or, heck, I don't know what else.
Mike Just ride your bike to Vegas and I will teach you how to use a meter to diagnose the issue, if you can move the bars one way and the lights don't work and its repeatable just take it to the shop man...

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the issue shows itself when you are moving the bars, then it is a loose connection, most likely.

I mean, moving the bars isn't going to affect a relay that is far from there, right...just a connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts