Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it a little more than a year. It's over 5000 miles. The first wrap took a while...I did it in my living room last winter. It was my first time so it was a little difficult. This wrap only took less than a week cause a lot of it was from the previous wrap like the tank and the front fairing. It amazing how you can pretty much change your bike and it looks like real paint. I'm hoping I like this color for a while but hey I might get re-inspired after a year...lol. I don't know if you noticed but It's got the Chinese Arashi 2 rearset on it. The rearset was like...It kind of fit but took some jimmying but I'm so glad I did it. The foot position is so much better with my feet back further. The old pegs I would have been dragging my feet around every corner. I still got holes in my boots from these. I bought the Chinese shorty levers and they are pretty much perfect and were probably less than a third of the price of similar levers sold here. Between the exhaust and the rearset and an aluminum vortex sprocket and maybe even the levers the bike feels lighter... as if it wasnt light enough. Its been awesome riding it around these twisty back roads. I just wish it was faster on the highway. I mean I can do a hundred but its like all its got and I keep getting morons in sports cars trying to race me. I pretty much slow down when they do because I have no chance. Its not like the FZ750 I had years ago where I could blow away most cars. But I mostly like riding the twistys and there you don't even miss the power really. Its nice to come out of a turn and know you can just nail it without the front coming up or the back sliding around. I am 55 so I probably shoudnt be thinking of wheelies at this age. It's an awesome bike and between it an YouTube I've realized that I never even really knew what the **** I was doing before anyway and know I feel like a really good rider. So I keep learning and it makes it so much funner and now when I go out I'm on a new color bike.

·
Registered
616 Posts
A lot of detailed work there. I like your custom Kawasaki label on the engine case protectors. Were the case protectors the GB labelled ones?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I absolutely love that red and black color scheme, awesome job!!! You mentioned that the previous wrap faded, did you keep the bike outside? I have a 300 that I brought a month ago and it has been wrapped. It stays in the garage out of the sun when I am not riding it.
I hope it doesn’t fade since it’s garage kept. Again awesome work my man!!!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts