Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this was posted up here yet, but its a solid review from the guys over at RevZilla. Don't know how accurate those figures are that only 7% of owners will be using the 400 on the track. Seems like a lot of new owners on here are building it as a track bike.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Probably is a fairly small portion that will track them compared to overall population. Any forum will always be slanted as the "average" rider will be less inclined to be active on a dedicated forum in general IMO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Am I the only one annoyed that every review is centered on whether it's a good beginner bike?
I'd imagine all the beginners who were looking at the Ninja 300 that no longer exists would want to know how approachable its replacement is. I don't like to think of it as a beginner bike, rather a bike that has some decent performance that will be less likely for me to end up at a meet and greet with an officer. Could a beginner ride it, probably, but it's still a bike I'll keep for a long while, and I definitely don't count as a beginner.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Lol the amount of videos out hyping this bike up is growing daily, This is one of the first videos I saw the 400 in and the highest quality biased paid add you can get. This is absolutely a good beginner bike in the sense that its very maneuverable and lite, But its competing with bikes out there that are $1600.00 less OTD like the Honda CBR 250 and others.

One of the reason I got the new 400 is its 4k less then a new 650. They had a beautiful used 2 year old Ninja 650 on the lot for $7200.00 OTD with only 1300 miles on it - I was torn at first, but I just don't need that much power for running around doing my service calls on. And like atonyshepherd said above I'm less likly to have a meat & greet with a cop...!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Lol the amount of videos out hyping this bike up is growing daily, This is one of the first videos I saw the 400 in and the highest quality biased paid add you can get. This is absolutely a good beginner bike in the sense that its very maneuverable and lite, But its competing with bikes out there that are $1600.00 less OTD like the Honda CBR 250 and others.

One of the reason I got the new 400 is its 4k less then a new 650. They had a beautiful used 2 year old Ninja 650 on the lot for $7200.00 OTD with only 1300 miles on it - I was torn at first, but I just don't need that much power for running around doing my service calls on. And like atonyshepherd said above I'm less likly to have a meat & greet with a cop...!
It's so worth the extra $1600! Ha ha. I used to own a CBR250 so I think I can justify that statement :D
I think Kawaski did a good job keeping the price down to the same as what the 300 was before the current round of model run out discounting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts