Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Resurrecting this thread a bit. I need some clarification on some OEM Factory Foot peg part numbers.

Issue: I want to purchase some Puig Sport foot pegs (green). Puig has them listed as parts for the '18 Ninja 400. I need the foot peg mounts for them. Puig also lists these mounts at the bottom of the page (8887N). However, after an initial search, I can't find them anywhere. I began to do an extensive search and found a website that had the Puig Ref# listed to be compatible with a ZX-10R. This got my brain cells twirling!

I also found the Puig Foot peg mounts for the foot pegs on other sites, but a disclaimer indicates that these mounts are not compatible with the Ninja 400. However, IF the Puig FP mounts are compatible with the ZX-10R using the reference # 8887N, then this would make them compatible with the Ninja 400, as indicated on Puig's site:

See here (FP for Ninja 400, FP mounts indicated at the bottom):https://puigusa.com/en/tuning-motos/footpegs/sport-footpegs?bike=21069#responsivetab2

See here (FP for ZX-10R, FP mounts indicated at the bottom): https://puigusa.com/en/tuning-motos/footpegs/sport-footpegs?bike=21045#responsivetab2

I also checked Kawasaki's parts catalog for both the ninja 400 and zx-10r. I will list the part numbers below:

Ninja 400: Ref#:34028 Part #: 34028-0356 STEP,FR,LH 1 = front left peg
ZX-10R: Ref#: 34028B Part #: 34028-0139 STEP,FR,LH 1 = front left peg

What i need to know is, although these part numbers are different, are they the same foot peg? If they are, then the Puig FP Mounts indicated on Revzilla's site, for the ZX-10R will actually fit the Ninja 400:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-rider-footpeg-mounts

What do yall think? THANKS!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ive got no problem with being a guinea pig as well lol. Im currently taking a little vacation so to speak and my new job doesnt start until January 14th and is about 45 minutes away. Im looking forward to commuting and will be doing a few upgrades soon for the trip.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've ordered them both. We shall see! You know I'm always a guinea pig on here lol. I'll keep you posted <3
You should be good, the 8887N peg adapters are for the '18-'19 Ninja 400, '16-'18 ZX-10R, '17-'18 ZX-10RR, and '18 ZX-10R SE.

In fact, I'm gonna pick up a pair as well lol.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You should be good, the 8887N peg adapters are for the '18-'19 Ninja 400, '16-'18 ZX-10R, '17-'18 ZX-10RR, and '18 ZX-10R SE.

In fact, I'm gonna pick up a pair as well lol.
Yayy!! We'll be twinning!!!

Omgoodnesss I'm so excited! Mann I was doing some extensive research...cuz I was like I GOTTA HAVE THEM. It made me mad that Revzilla only had the Puig FP Mounts for the "rear passenger pegs" fit for the ninja 400. But they didn't have the mounts for the pilot/rider indicated for the 400. So it caused a bit of confusion for me.

Anyway, when I get them in and hopefully install them with no issue; I'll post pics here, and also write a review on Revzilla, indicating that the mounts are compatible for the Ninja 400. I'll post the 8887N Manufacturer's number as well. Hopefully Revzilla will advertise it as compatible for the 400. I also plan to post a pic of it on their site, under my review so folks know it works.

I'm all about my time NOT being wasted...and if I can help not waste other people's time, I'm all about it lol <3

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm all about my time NOT being wasted...and if I can help not waste other people's time, I'm all about it lol <3
Thank you for the help to those looking at those pegs...Saved some wasted time for others I am sure. Pics though when ya get em. Lil BLING never hurt anyone.:grin:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I think they are very GREEN ha ha :grin:

Hard to tell from your photos but does the green match the KRT green??
slightly darker...but it compliments the color scheme imo...i would've preferred it to be a bit lighter in green, but I'm pleased with it. :smile_big:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts