Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried removing the left fairing earlier today but could not get it to budge even after unscrewing all of the visible screws. Has anyone attempted this and can provide pictures/video to help? I must say, the fairing attachment is very sturdy so even if most of your bolts fall off you'll still be alright riding around!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Reactions: Hockeynut

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a start, thank you for posting. I tried zooming in on the thumbnails but some just lacked detail on exactly what screw/orientation/position they were focussing on.

Out of interest, how did you find this guide? It would be helpful if Haynes or an official kawasaki workshop guide was available.

·
Registered
744 Posts
That's a start, thank you for posting. I tried zooming in on the thumbnails but some just lacked detail on exactly what screw/orientation/position they were focussing on.

Out of interest, how did you find this guide? It would be helpful if Haynes or an official kawasaki workshop guide was available.
This is the installation guide for the shogun frame sliders I bought from moto911. I can't even count the number of fasteners for these fairings LOL, because I don't have the bike yet, but the guide mentions 4 hidden plastic fasteners under the nose area.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tried removing the left fairing earlier today but could not get it to budge even after unscrewing all of the visible screws. Has anyone attempted this and can provide pictures/video to help? I must say, the fairing attachment is very sturdy so even if most of your bolts fall off you'll still be alright riding around!
I believe there are 2 relays on the back side of the fairing that you have to pull off as well as the pop rivits and bolts under the nose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts