Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just installed the TST brake & clutch levers on my 400. Very nice, quality product.

After adjusting the clutch free play per the manual following installation, I put the bike up on the rear stand and started the engine. In neutral the rear wheel has no movement. But when I pull the clutch lever fully in while in 1st, there is a very slow but continuous rear wheel movement. I never checked prior to the lever install whether this behavior is normal or not.

Can anyone confirm this is proper operation? Much Thanks.

Cary

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Hey Cary, yeah this is fairly normal behavior. I find most of my bikes do that when up on the stand. I actually find it useful for oiling the chain on my dirt bike.
You may find if you try it when the oil is hot it might not do it. There shouldn't be any real resistance there tho that cant be stopped by lowering the bike on the ground or holding the wheel with your hand. If there is then you need to put more tension on your clutch cable to release the clutch plates properly when you pull the lever in.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hey Cary,

Please watch this video on install tips:

Reactions: NJA400

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

@Kiwi - The bike was indeed cold and I can easily stop the tire rotation with very light force. Further research online indicates this to be normal as you say.

@Watcher - Some great advice in the video for anyone contemplating work with their levers. Thanks for the link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts