Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if my tire is done with. Sucks I have plenty of tread on the sides. I'm at 5500 miles. Any ideas how many more miles I can get out of this?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
This is going to be hard without a pic... :smile_big:

But, I'm picking that if you've got 5.5K miles out of it then it's probably goosed. I've done half your mileage and mine is looking a bit average already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The center is flat and the beginning of the tread is pretty much flush with tire. Was hoping to make a 6 hour trip but not sure how much rubber I have in the center. The sides still have plenty left. It's crazy my tire only lasted 4 months.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dude, if it's negatively affecting handling, braking, replace it. Let us know what tire you choose.

I've only tried uploading pics thru my PC.

When you want to upload pics: go to attachment icon and you can upload files from there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
iIs ready to be changed if middle flat,that can be caused by over inflation,or
you don't corner much so sides don't wear if it was my bike I would have it changed

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah so what tires are you all going with? Mine are getting close as well, and i don't know if i can hold out for pirelli angel gt tires to be made in our size.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just ordered the Michelin Pilot Power 2ct. South Louisiana don't have to many curvy roads. But even with the flat spot I haven't noticed bad handling. I guess cause this bike turns so easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tires generally have a wear indicator, which is to say a small piece in one of the tread channels, where if the piece inside becomes flush with the outer edge of the tire (thus the tread line is completely "broken"), it's time to change the tire.

Don't mess with a worn tire. I had a blowout when riding my 1987 CH150 Elite scooter on the freeway at full throttle, 65 mph, in front of a pickup truck. The bike starts to sway side to side more and more until the point where it's going to flip over. I was able to shimmy it down to a decent speed then turn it onto an embankment right at the point it was going to flip me over. The guy in the truck stopped and said, "I need to shake your hand. I don't know how you did that! I thought for sure you were going to be thrown off and I'd run you over."

Remember when you get a new rear tire that A) the bike will suddenly turn so much quicker than you've been used to -- with changing a rear only it will feel a bit like the back tire is sliding out from under you, and B) a new tire is very slippery to start with, so you could easily start sliding it for real.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When you want to upload pics: go to attachment icon and you can upload files from there.
Not to jack the thread but I have not found a place to talk about this. Every time I try to add any pic to this site it always comes out turned to the side

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not to jack the thread but I have not found a place to talk about this. Every time I try to add any pic to this site it always comes out turned to the side
Have you tried editing your pics before uploading? Rotate the pic and save it before uploading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts