Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

Rear shock adjustment tool

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Tracy 
#1 ·
Im having a problem using the C wrench to adjust the rear shock setting. How much force is needed to turn the teeth dial? Because I cant get it to move without the wrench slipping off, or breaking my hand in the process???

#7 ·
There you go. (y) Over the years, I've accumulated loads of tools for various projects. The older I get... the fewer I need: A few screwdrivers, channelocks, duct tape, zip ties, hammer, slightly larger hammer, really big hammer.
I can't decide if I'm down-sizing so my kids don't need to worry with my left-over S**T, .. or adapting my tools to my skill levels. Either way, it makes life much easier. :whistle:

#10 ·
Im having a problem using the C wrench to adjust the rear shock setting. How much force is needed to turn the teeth dial?
I helps to take all the weight off the shock when you turn the adjuster. Do you have someone to tip the bike up on the kick stand a little to unload the rear tire? Also put a spritz of oil on the adjuster cam where it rubs on the pins, to help it move easier.

#12 ·
TY...yes indeed I will try some oil. Also why is the suspension so harsh on this bike. I only weigh 165bs. Every friggin bump on the road, this bike feels like a washboard. WTF is the reasoning? This is the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bike I have ever owned. The combination of that, and the horrible seat; im on the verge of selling!!! NO JOKE!!

#13 ·
About the seat, I guess it is a matter of personal preference. To me it feels really comfortable. But I do not ride very long, usually around 1 hour. However I know why I find it comfortable: when I ride my bicycle around here, even for 15 minutes, my butt hurts for the rest of the day. I tried changing seats on that things, it improved but not much. So I guess that I got used to a lot of discomfort and this makes my Z's seat feel actually right.

#14 ·
However I know why I find it comfortable: when I ride my bicycle around here, even for 15 minutes, my butt hurts for the rest of the day. I tried changing seats on that things, it improved but not much. So I guess that I got used to a lot of discomfort and this makes my Z's seat feel actually right.
Not to sound sarcastic, because I'm serious. I've found my padded bicycle riding shorts worn under my protective motorcycle gear to be a big help. Granted, my bicycle gets much less use than it once did, but I could say the same about most things now. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.