Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't come across any aftermarket passenger seats unfortunately. Corbin is a pretty reputable brand, so it may be worth giving them a shout to see if they have anything in the pipeline.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really doubt the mounting tabs/mechanism are strong enough for a back seat with that kind of configuration. The leverage from someone leaning back against it would cause some major problems probably, it's not a touring bike with a seat like that in mind.

·
Registered
440 Posts
LMAO , that would look hideous on a N400. :smile_big:
hideous yes...but I bet it makes the N400 seat feel like a 2x4.. wait..never mind..it already does...:devil:

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
LMAO , that would look hideous on a N400. :smile_big:
To me, it looks hideous on any of them..........those Bōsōzoku, Japanese motorcycle gangs that customize the bikes all crazy and have musical throttle gang song battles......they seem to prefer the older 70's and 80's bikes because of the sounds you can get from those motors with megaphone exhausts.......I love the Japanese culture..........to some extent.......this is one extent I find interesting and can appreciate as its all about making it unique and very creative designs and customs really embracing the core of building with minimal efforts, but not for me and almost comical, but they can do what they want. Definitely not my intentions behind riding or a love for motorcycles............

Also on another note, yeah the way the tail is setup on the Ninja 400 a backrest, even if you could make one for it, would not work well if at all. Most sportier bikes like the N400 leans the passenger more forward, then flat out and leaning backwards. This would put odd strains on other areas of the body.

I think you probably should look at a sport cruiser...........you can always add another bike to the line-up for riding with someone else.:grin:

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
To me, it looks hideous on any of them..........those Bōsōzoku, Japanese motorcycle gangs that customize the bikes all crazy and have musical throttle gang song battles......they seem to prefer the older 70's and 80's bikes because of the sounds you can get from those motors with megaphone exhausts.......I love the Japanese culture..........to some extent.......this is one extent I find interesting and can appreciate as its all about making it unique and very creative designs and customs really embracing the core of building with minimal efforts, but not for me and almost comical, but they can do what they want. Definitely not my intentions behind riding or a love for motorcycles............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9HCDezfxoM

Also on another note, yeah the way the tail is setup on the Ninja 400 a backrest, even if you could make one for it, would not work well if at all. Most sportier bikes like the N400 leans the passenger more forward, then flat out and leaning backwards. This would put odd strains on other areas of the body.

I think you probably should look at a sport cruiser...........you can always add another bike to the line-up for riding with someone else.:grin:
Looks like Ikea is making motorbike parts...where do you find this stuff??:grin::grin: So many things to comment on for that video, so little time!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looks like Ikea is making motorbike parts...where do you find this stuff??:grin::grin: So many things to comment on for that video, so little time!
Lol right, I have friends that live in Japan and work for companies that send them to Japan alot.

They started with motorcycles and semi trucks(Dekotora) and it seems, more so lately, that cars are now a thing over there as well with crazy long organ looking exhaust pipes, massive spoilers, defusers and exaggerated body mods.

I think the bikes started out more as gang based and became what it is now.

I sure can derail a thread fast, can't I?

Back on the back rest, you can do what you want, but I have a feeling it will not accomplish what you hope to accomplish and only make you look as if you belong to a Japanese motorcycle gang:grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts