Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I'm using my stock fairings so the tail light is still in place. Once my race fairings arrive I won't have the tail light anymore. Here we are required to have a red light on the back for wet races. Does anyone have suggestion for a light that I can use. I haven't heard of a minimum size required please share any ideas or what you use please.

I seen a few at the race track that just have a small LED light on the back. I'm not so sure it can be seen when your in a crowd or a heavy down pour.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Always though these LEd strip taillights are pretty cool, though I'm not sure how visible they are in pouring rain. But you probably don't want to ride wet anyways.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Currently I'm using my stock fairings so the tail light is still in place. Once my race fairings arrive I won't have the tail light anymore. Here we are required to have a red light on the back for wet races. Does anyone have suggestion for a light that I can use. I haven't heard of a minimum size required please share any ideas or what you use please.

I seen a few at the race track that just have a small LED light on the back. I'm not so sure it can be seen when your in a crowd or a heavy down pour.
Maybe something like this might be what you look for? https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/f1-brake-light.html

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I just have a bicycle type flashing red LED light that I tape onto my rear tail piece if they declare the meeting wet. It's all a bit token really, it has to absolutely bucketing down before there is a serious viability issue. The organizers are pretty casual about it as long as their is something glowing red on the back of your bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Will you be racing in 'pouring' rain? Most of the time is just regular or light rain.When it's really pouring the race usually gets delayed or canceled as the track may be flooded, or full of dangerous ponds and the grip is minimum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts