Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Fortnine is actually a very good film maker. He writes his own scripts, makes special effects and uses costumes. He has real camera men.
One thing I'm becoming more grateful for about my Z400 is the cost of operation. Picked up a Dunlop Gpr 300 140/70-17 tire for $78, tax and shipping including. I manually checked mileage (fill up after every ride) and got 61 mpg, the gauge said 55. Liability insurance is about $120 per year. Reality of retirement is sinking in.
New tire after my first ride of 130 miles, I can't find a fault with the GPR 300... for my needs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Fortnine is actually a very good film maker. He writes his own scripts, makes special effects and uses costumes. He has real camera men.
One thing I'm becoming more grateful for about my Z400 is the cost of operation. Picked up a Dunlop Gpr 300 140/70-17 tire for $78, tax and shipping including. I manually checked mileage (fill up after every ride) and got 61 mpg, the gauge said 55. Liability insurance is about $120 per year. Reality of retirement is sinking in.
I'll be right there with you soon checking out the "less than premium" tires. Those days are looming over the next coupla mountain tops.
🐉

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I liked his explanations about the tires. Better than just reading advertising material.

But to @Duckman's point, some of his videos leave me with questions about the real-life validity for his test methods. In one video, he compared helmets with double-d rings to helmets with metal quick release latches. He brought each to the breaking point and showed that the double-d rings were stronger. But I question what might be happening to a rider's neck if the force needed to bust the latch were applied to a person--if you're gonna be dead by the time the latch breaks, then the difference between a double d and a latch is not meaningful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts