Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

741 - 760 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
It’s something else everyone around me locally thinks bikes are a death trap, but here we all have the same interest that brought us here and we must be the non believers.

Or maybe we are in denial or maybe I’m just dumb lol.
Death trap? I maybe mentioned this somewhere recently, but I met a couple in their late 70s or early 80s who were still riding their 'Wing together when I was a noob. Bikes weren't a death trap for them. And their example inspired me as to what might be possible for a lifelong riding career.

Reactions: Flash Bantam

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good News! My Pedal Ninja work is paying off. My blood pressure is down enough that they're experimenting by reducing my meds. If this keeps up, maybe elimination can be possible.
I just had my BP checked after a week on the reduced meds. It was still good--the experiment worked! Now I need to keep it up and see if I can't eliminate the meds entirely.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Health is the number 1 wealth

It’s crazy we work hard to make that money, than we grow tired and old and try to buy back our youth and well being.
Yep, I wish it was as easy as buying health. Improvement is work. And it won't end even if I free myself from this dependency because I'll still have to keep up a maintenance level of exercise or I'll just slide back on the meds. But at least maintenance level effort should be easier than improvement level effort. :sneaky:

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
Yep, I wish it was as easy as buying health. Improvement is work. And it won't end even if I free myself from this dependency because I'll still have to keep up a maintenance level of exercise or I'll just slide back on the meds. But at least maintenance level effort should be easier than improvement level effort. :sneaky:
You can buy health...buy vegan and buy exercise. Simple really. Not much fun in the food dept but the benefits of feeling good will easily outweigh a meatlovers pizza, a few tacos and a plate of BBQ. Try it for a few weeks and as John Belushi said in Animal House "don't cost nothin". Sure is a lot cheaper than a heart bypass or years of meds. No matter which way you prefer, you can kick the meds!

·
Registered
660 Posts
You can buy health...buy vegan and buy exercise. Simple really. Not much fun in the food dept but the benefits of feeling good will easily outweigh a meatlovers pizza, a few tacos and a plate of BBQ. Try it for a few weeks and as John Belushi said in Animal House "don't cost nothin". Sure is a lot cheaper than a heart bypass or years of meds. No matter which way you prefer, you can kick the meds!
That's good advice. We've cut back on beef and sausage in favor of fish & chicken--baked not fried. We've also cut out candy and potato chips in favor of unsalted nuts and low salt/low fat popcorn. No more sugary pop either once the current stash is gone.

If only I could find a brand of healthy low salt jerky.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
That's good advice. We've cut back on beef and sausage in favor of fish & chicken--baked not fried. We've also cut out candy and potato chips in favor of unsalted nuts and low salt/low fat popcorn. No more sugary pop either once the current stash is gone.

I cut down on my sugary and fatty crap some years ago and I found that after some time you dont crave for it or look for it the same. I still enjoy my pies though! ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just put the first coat of fresh paint on my basement bathroom. and I'm now waiting to put on a second coat.

We bought this place last year. It had been on the market for about a year and was at a substantial discount compared to similar nearby properties. I kinda wondered what others were seeing that we missed, but nothing bad has happened after living here a year, so we evidently didn't miss anything that was wrong with the place. The former owners left it in good shape, but it did need some fresh paint and TLC. In particular, some of their paint choices were, perhaps, unique. I just painted over a jarring neon lime green with a soft blue-gray.

My best guess is that television property shows have people thinking that a seller is obligated to redecorate a home to current trends. But my family moved frequently when I was a kid, and I recall no expectation from my parents other than that everything should work properly. I remember being at some of the negotiations where my folks were seeking a lower price, but never heard them argue for a lower price because we didn't like a room's paint. "Move in ready" implied that the house was livable, and didn't refer to décor.

Maybe a bunch of folks missed out on this great home and blew a lot of money because of a few cans of paint. Their loss is our gain. :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've repaired the kitchen faucet twice since moving in last year. It failed again. You have failed me for the last time, faucet.

I bought a replacement at the big box store and installed it today. Per usual, removing the old faucet was much more difficult than installing the new. The old faucet seems to have been designed to be installed on the sink before the sink gets installed in the countertop.

Reactions: b0Xcrash

·
Registered
390 Posts

here ya go 🐉

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's a rectangle of pastry dough filled with pie filling of your choice. About the size of a small envelope. A lot of people will roll the envelope of dough in powdered sugar when it is fresh out of the deep fryer. I live in the southern U.S. we are famous for deep frying anything. Twinkies , ice cream , candy bars , oreos , even pickles. If you can wrap a pastry dough around it someone will try it 🐉

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
Tracy's right. People in the southeast here will try to fry just about anything. Frying sweet stuff like oreos, candy, ice cream, etc....not my thing though. But anything else that's not sweet, I'll give it a try. Fried pickles are pretty good.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm once again waiting for paint to dry. I finished the first coat in a spare bedroom and will get after the second coat in a little bit. The PO had painted it a mellow buttery yellow which was not offensive at all. But the walls were a bit banged up from furniture, there were numerous nail holes from hanging pictures (I think they changed the room around a few times), and several sets of screw holes around the windows point to the present window treatments likely being the third set. So it was time for a change with the walls. It's now a soft blue with a touch of grey for a very good sleepytime feeling.

Come to think of it, all the paint colors we've chosen at this place are good for naps. :sleep: Maybe it's that retirement thing showing up in unexpected ways?

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
390 Posts
We moved into a freakin huge old house bout 7...8 years ago. Why I dont know in hindsight. Have redone Everything. Hired the roof, deck, garage addition, and flooring. All the rest pretty much by myself. 3 completely new bathrooms , kitchen appliances and cabinetry. windows. 2 sets of French doors a million gallons of paint. The list goes on forever.
.I'm done..told wife anything else I'm not gonna do it. She was gonna have to hire somebody cause I not gonna do it anymore. And the bad part is there are only the 2 of us and now we are looking to downsize for retirement so we'll have to move 1 more time and we all know what that means. 🐉

·
Registered
262 Posts
We moved into a freakin huge old house bout 7...8 years ago. Why I dont know in hindsight. Have redone Everything. Hired the roof, deck, garage addition, and flooring. All the rest pretty much by myself. 3 completely new bathrooms , kitchen appliances and cabinetry. windows. 2 sets of French doors a million gallons of paint. The list goes on forever.
.I'm done..told wife anything else I'm not gonna do it. She was gonna have to hire somebody cause I not gonna do it anymore. And the bad part is there are only the 2 of us and now we are looking to downsize for retirement so we'll have to move 1 more time and we all know what that means. 🐉
My wife has been nagging about white cabinets for ages so I finally told her I would pay to have the cabinets redone but I was buying a Ninja for my trouble. She was not happy but she wanted those white cabinets pretty bad.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Heck I just squirreled away the 5 grand over a period of time, sometimes hinting about maybe I was saving for a new truck. Went n picked it up in my old truck pulled up to the house, all she said was "well, I guess I won't be riding on the back of that with you" I didn't say anything but thought to myself NOPE 🐉

·
Registered
660 Posts
We ... are looking to downsize for retirement so we'll have to move 1 more time and we all know what that means. 🐉
Good luck.. Well, it's not actually all that bad to downsize to a new home. But there's work for sure.

I had hopes that the last house was also going to be MY last house--all the work was done--but my wife wanted a milder climate and to be near family, so we moved. Now I've broken out the painting stuff I bought in the early 1990s for One More Time. And then there's the kitchen and master bath remodeling (which probably will be ok financially so long as we pick things that will be timeless rather than trendy, because whatever is trendy eventually becomes passé). At least we downsized and have an association for the yard & snow removal. I'd still be doing that at the ole homestead.

741 - 760 of 766 Posts