Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

701 - 720 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Our cheapest track around here costs about $8000 to rent on a weekend day or something like that by the time you add insurance, corner workers and ambulance. Road America for example is apparently about $28,000 per day but that's among the highest.
You should move to NZ SBK. Can hire my local track which is 1.6 miles long for $1400 ($900 USD) , Club track day is $50 USD if you pre-register. No big fields to contend with (unfortunately). We need more racers!
It will be more expensive up North for sure with their flasher tracks but nothing compared to what you guys are paying.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
You should move to NZ SBK. Can hire my local track which is 1.6 miles long for $1400 ($900 USD) , Club track day is $50 USD if you pre-register. No big fields to contend with (unfortunately). We need more racers!
It will be more expensive up North for sure with their flasher tracks but nothing compared to what you guys are paying.
Wow, that's really cheap!! Here the costs are driven up thanks to lawyers. In a country where people are quick to sue anyone, they require insurance. Since insurance companies are the ones paying during a lawsuit, they drive up the costs while also making certain demands. Then there's the ambulance and corner workers. I believe just the ambulance alone is around $1000/day in some places. Insurance is close to the same cost as the actual track rental. So out of say $8000 total like I mentioned before, I think only about $3000-3500 of that is the actual rental of the track.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Never a dull moment in Los Angeles......
Yeah I have been seeing this floating around facebook, good to hear the rider is ok and walked away, and also good to hear this idiot who hit him will get hopefully at least a slap on the wrist..he deserves more...but I hope its at least something....or if he has a mental condition he at least gets help and drivers license revoked

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wow, that's really cheap!! Here the costs are driven up thanks to lawyers. In a country where people are quick to sue anyone, they require insurance. Since insurance companies are the ones paying during a lawsuit, they drive up the costs while also making certain demands. Then there's the ambulance and corner workers. I believe just the ambulance alone is around $1000/day in some places. Insurance is close to the same cost as the actual track rental. So out of say $8000 total like I mentioned before, I think only about $3000-3500 of that is the actual rental of the track.

Right that is what I am talking about........in the US its crazy......outta darn control.......but than again, even in Cali and LA where lots of people ride and lane splitting is legal people still treat motorcyclists like a evil plague that needs to be eradicated........totally different from the attitude in other countries

Also I can dream things can change SBK...some day.......... on other note.....I signed up for NCM on the 11th.........I hope its a good day and nice and dry.........the last time I was there, last August it rained all night and some of the morning, and was over cast all day.......and we still rode, but the track was not really dried out until the last session to be honest

I was not running rains, and I know street tires with the channels in them do about the same......but still.............those SR's in your mind tell you when you go into a hard right hander that has a thin channel of water running right through the apex of the corner you still take it slower...if you are me ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
My motorcycle purchase is already paying dividends. We did our weekly food shopping this Sunday and loaded the cart with 250.00 dollars worth of groceries. When it came time to pay the bill I realized I had left my wallet in the Cortech tank bag. My wife had to fork over the 250 dollars and man was she pissed off.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'd be willing to wager, those "dividends" will end up costing a lot more than that $250 saved. Sooner or Later. :whistle:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd be willing to wager, those "dividends" will end up costing a lot more than that $250 saved. Sooner or Later. :whistle:
Not much more, I am a bit over 800.00 now and don't have any immediate plans to add anything else. With my 250.00 dividend I am down to about 560.00 in total mods. That isn't bad considering the quality mods I have in place. The Graves was on sale so that was nearly 100.00 off. All prices include shipping.

95.00 ZG Windscreen
70.00 Vagabond
65.00 K&N air filter
375.00 Graves slip-on
200.00 SBU ECU Flash

Total mods 805.00
Minus dividend 250.00

Cost of mods 555.00

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not much more,
Oh, you've mistaken what I said. You'll pay. Three things you always say to a lady. Memorize and repeat as needed..
1) No Honey, I haven't noticed you've gained weight.
2) No honey, that dress doesn't make your arse look big.
3) Yes Honey, I have my wallet.
You've broken one of the cardinal rules of social engagement. You will surely pay. :oops:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Oh, you've mistaken what I said. You'll pay. Three things you always say to a lady. Memorize and repeat as needed..
You've broken one of the cardinal rules of social engagement. You will surely pay. :oops:
Yeah, butt....

·
Registered
262 Posts
We know how to handle our women in South Carolina, you Northern boys are too soft on your women. :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
We know how to handle our women in South Carolina, you Northern boys are too soft on your women. :)
I'm ok with that just so long as your comments are limited to South Carolina women. ;) My Mother was from North Carolina. No one who was smart crossed her. And no one crossed her twice. :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's been a bad week for the Pedal Ninja. I got a flat on Tuesday. Fixed it. Then today, Thursday, one of my brake pads somehow fell off. I retraced my steps, er, pedals, and couldn't find it. So another trip to the store.

·
Registered
724 Posts
stick your foot on the front tire, behind the forks.. that will stop you real quick!!! i had that brilliant idea when i was about 8 years old. over the bars in an instant..

701 - 720 of 766 Posts