Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
had a series of meetings at work today. the bs continues with this virus. store shelfs look ok around here from what i see. i took a truck out for a road test and hit a few stores up on the clock. i collect Hot Wheels cars so i always stop by and look through the stores stock of cars.
looking forward to geting dirty in my garden after work. i have waited like a child for santa claus for spring to get here. i love working the soil, and growing tasty veggies, and all the pretty flowers. waiting a few more weeks before i plant the bulk of the garden, still may get a late frost and i'd hate to lose a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
985 Posts
had a series of meetings at work today. the bs continues with this virus. store shelfs look ok around here from what i see. i took a truck out for a road test and hit a few stores up on the clock. i collect Hot Wheels cars so i always stop by and look through the stores stock of cars.
looking forward to geting dirty in my garden after work. i have waited like a child for santa claus for spring to get here. i love working the soil, and growing tasty veggies, and all the pretty flowers. waiting a few more weeks before i plant the bulk of the garden, still may get a late frost and i'd hate to lose a lot of stuff.
Yeah looks like Sat into Sun here is supposed to be 35 low....so you might get some frost in the shade down there.......

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
I'm in a bit of a crappy mood about the whole virus thing. In the last 48hrs our Govt has said we cant go to Australia without self isolating for 14 days so my Cali SBK school trip looks up in the air now.
Also they have banned public gatherings of 500 people or more so it looks like the round of the NZSBK champs I was supposed to be racing in the wkd after next will probably be canned too. I've got $300 worth of non refundable ferry tickets plus four nights accommodation etc etc blah blah...
At least I didnt drive all the way up there (760miles one way) to find this out like poor SBK did.
Humph 😖
I feel like your pain. 500 is just the beginning. Around here they initially said no gatherings of over 1000 people, then a few days later it was 250, a few days later (now) it's 50. And now I was just reading an article where the federal government is talking about more restrictions and they're talking about no gatherings of more than 10! I was on a teleconference with some germans and austrians earlier and apparently Austria is pretty much shut down. Schools are all canceled and most businesses closed. The people I was talking to were working from home.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yeah looks like Sat into Sun here is supposed to be 35 low....so you might get some frost in the shade down there.......
We are supposed to get down to the mid to low 40’s.

Turnips, collards, potato’s and onions are in the ground. Trying some poppies, some sort of onion a friend gave me where you don’t eat the bulb but only the stalk. And some garlic that was originally planted on a plantation about 200 years ago. Been growing wild there ever since.
Sugar snap peas go in tomorrow then that’s about it until I feel sure about no frost. Then the real fun starts!!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

Turnips, collards, potato’s and onions are in the ground. Trying some poppies, some sort of onion a friend gave me where you don’t eat the bulb but only the stalk. And some garlic that was originally planted on a plantation about 200 years ago. Been growing wild there ever since.
Sugar snap peas go in tomorrow then that’s about it until I feel sure about no frost. Then the real fun starts!!!
I find root vegetables are a bit more frost resistant and fail proof to grow, at least here in the cool climate of Southland, NZ. I grow potatoes, beetroot, carrots, runner beans, onions and garlic outdoors but I start off my tomatoes, capsicums and zucchinis in a glass house in large pots before transferring them outside once summer kicks in. Also means I can go away racing or what ever for a few days and they have a chance of getting watered by rain showers.
This season I haven't had a great garden as we had a less than average spring with cool temps and everything got a poor start to life.
It's great being able to go out to the garden and pick something fresh and healthy to eat this time of year, even if it's just a few lettuce leaves. The carrots are so much sweeter than the supermarket ones too. Oh, silver beet too, big on that. Used to do kale but got tired of it.
Hey maybe we need a gardening thread Lol.

·
Registered
409 Posts

Yarddog.. My wife and I always have a small garden. But you have more energy than I've ever imagined. Any day now, I expect to hear... you've digging irrigation canals from the nearest lake, building a moat and fortified rock walls to keep out hungry varmints, and constructing numerous mechanical scarecrows.. "just in case". All this, I expect will happen, before you get that 2nd tractor ready for the next stages of Summer chores. I'm looking forward to hear of future plans and progress. ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yarddog.. My wife and I always have a small garden. But you have more energy than I've ever imagined. Any day now, I expect to hear... you've digging irrigation canals from the nearest lake, building a moat and fortified rock walls to keep out hungry varmints, and constructing numerous mechanical scarecrows.. "just in case". All this, I expect will happen, before you get that 2nd tractor ready for the next stages of Summer chores. I'm looking forward to hear of future plans and progress. ;)
i blame it on my ADHD. i HAVE to stay busy. even when i take it easy, i have some project going, it is relaxing. i get sleepy and lay down for a few minutes and don't even sleep. then i am good to go for the rest of the day. my wife likes to sit and watch tv and i hate it to say the least. it really makes me uptight and anxious to sit around all day.
i am happeist when i have slightly too much to do in a days time. i could never do meth, i would probably explode. a cousin i have is worse than i am. he sleeps maybe 4 hours a day and is so high strung he doesnt do well with most of society. you's swear he was on some speed or something but he is clean. just over clocked a little bit. lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
Sugar snap peas in the ground. Going to bring the two tractors home tomorrow and hopefully have time to put the fence row up for the peas to grow up.
putting in 450 feet of silt fencing this Saturday for some side money. Nothing like a day of sledgehammer, pick-axe and shovel work to make you sleep good at night.

I need to finish outfitting a boat so I can concentrate on my tractor project again. Too many projects. I love it🙃

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Sugar snap peas in the ground. Going to bring the two tractors home tomorrow and hopefully have time to put the fence row up for the peas to grow up.
putting in 450 feet of silt fencing this Saturday for some side money. Nothing like a day of sledgehammer, pick-axe and shovel work to make you sleep good at night.

I need to finish outfitting a boat so I can concentrate on my tractor project again. Too many projects. I love it🙃
What kind of boat?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

I feel exhausted and thirsty just reading about it..

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Nice, that sounds fun. Keep it simple!!! I install tracking satellite TV systems, gyro stabilizers, water makers, generators, thrusters, radars and electronics, stereo systems and even bidets. Every time I install one of these complex systems, I know it will be a long term investment into my bank, it always breaks. Really, you really NEED 6 big tv's watching something different on each TV while you are under way? OK...off the soapbox, I'll take Yarddog's boat any day, just need some beer holders!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yep, I totally believe it!

Last week we had dispatch, or 911 call center contacting us at the Fire Department because of so many people contacting them, and people in the town, contacting us, asking if the Fire Department knows who has toilet paper because all the stores are out of it......

I was like why would we know about where to find TP anymore then they do........I told one person, if you find any, let me know where at, cause the Fire Hall is running dangerously low on TP....lol thanks!

I mean if it was an elderly person who could not get out of the house, and I could find any to to give them, I definitely would help out, but all I seemed to be hearing from was young people freaking out/

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice, that sounds fun. Keep it simple!!! I install tracking satellite TV systems, gyro stabilizers, water makers, generators, thrusters, radars and electronics, stereo systems and even bidets. Every time I install one of these complex systems, I know it will be a long term investment into my bank, it always breaks. Really, you really NEED 6 big tv's watching something different on each TV while you are under way? OK...off the soapbox, I'll take Yarddog's boat any day, just need some beer holders!
This is a little fishing boat, for lakes mostly. It’s much too nice to put in a river around here. You save that for boats that always have nasty dents and such in them. It’s only got about 5 hours on it. Hoping to change that this year. Pops is getting older and I know it’s only a matter of time before he can’t go. He had a few strokes last year and while he is still very sharp he isn’t as razor sharp as he used to be.
Mira depressing watching my parents get old. But I have had a good life with them, my fathers dad died when my dad was 17. And many people have worse cases then that.

you know that law, for every action is an equal but opposite reaction? Well that’s true for love. For all the love you feel, you have that much pain when the loved one is gone. It’s just a fact of life. Though not my favorite fact

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Crisis is ov
This is a little fishing boat, for lakes mostly. It’s much too nice to put in a river around here. You save that for boats that always have nasty dents and such in them. It’s only got about 5 hours on it. Hoping to change that this year. Pops is getting older and I know it’s only a matter of time before he can’t go. He had a few strokes last year and while he is still very sharp he isn’t as razor sharp as he used to be.
Mira depressing watching my parents get old. But I have had a good life with them, my fathers dad died when my dad was 17. And many people have worse cases then that.

you know that law, for every action is an equal but opposite reaction? Well that’s true for love. For all the love you feel, you have that much pain when the loved one is gone. It’s just a fact of life. Though not my favorite fact
You been hanging with Tennyson or better... Bob Dylan lately ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yep, I totally believe it!

Last week we had dispatch, or 911 call center contacting us at the Fire Department because of so many people contacting them, and people in the town, contacting us, asking if the Fire Department knows who has toilet paper because all the stores are out of it......
This is the "Random Chat" area of the Forum? So allow me to rant and answer this whole "Toilet Paper Shortage". One thing I learned during my time in the Marine Corps was to adapt and improvise. Being part of the Navy, we were always short on funding for the basic necessities. Short on something? Make do and stop complaining!!
Problem solved.. Easy Peasy.
What? ? Well you're supposed be washing your hands any way. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
This is the "Random Chat" area of the Forum? So allow me to rant and answer this whole "Toilet Paper Shortage". One thing I learned during my time in the Marine Corps was to adapt and improvise. Being part of the Navy, we were always short on funding for the basic necessities. Short on something? Make do and stop complaining!!
Problem solved.. Easy Peasy.
What? ? Well you're supposed be washing your hands any way. :rolleyes:
Here is the solution! LOL

Too funny. I was about to start taking leaves off my jalapeño plant, I'm sure I would get used to it!!

541 - 560 of 585 Posts