Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

521 - 540 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Every store in the US has been wiped out. The entire supply chain is empty. I don't know the numbers but we are talking somewhere between 1 - 2 BILLION rolls that need to be replenished. This is not just a couple days of production and distribution to get things back to normal.

Good luck to you all...
I expect that the new normal will be for most households to keep extra TP (and other supplies) on hand. Most people will be satisfied with that and soon resume just buying as they use it. Only a few people with hording disease will try to fill a spare room with TP.

Meanwhile, the business news is not reporting on widespread factory closures at this time, and most factories are not run at 100% capability. I expect most TP suppliers will roll up ;) production for a few weeks, and that truckloads are on their way to us Monday through Friday.

This hording shortage should be over in a few weeks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Going to look at two tractors tomorrow. A complete but not running, and a parts tractor. Both the same series as my 46, but with four speed transmission vs my three speed. Hoping I can swap an engine to mine. My block is damaged from a spin main bearing.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
I haven't been home the last few days since the toilet paper frenzy started but I just checked now. I'm at 4 and a half rolls. How long you reckon that will last me? I'm thinking a few weeks for sure, so hopefully that's good enough. Only problem would be if my company tells everyone to stay home, then I can't **** at work. Then those 4 and a half rolls won't last me as long lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
Depends on a couple variables
1. If a female is staying with you the four and a half rolls will last approx 2.3 days.
2. if you use both sides of each square you can double the timeframe of said usage.

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
I haven't been home the last few days since the toilet paper frenzy started but I just checked now. I'm at 4 and a half rolls. How long you reckon that will last me? I'm thinking a few weeks for sure, so hopefully that's good enough. Only problem would be if my company tells everyone to stay home, then I can't **** at work. Then those 4 and a half rolls won't last me as long lol
I just scored 6 rolls from a family member who is shipping them to me from Texas. If you get in a jam, I can always priority a few rolls to you! A roll of TP is like gold out here, never thought I would see the day.

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Researchers are saying that we'll be dealing with this plague for months, 20 months at least. That's just the health aspect, never mind the economics. There is no vaccine yet, which takes at least a year to develop, monitor, test.
NOt a regular natural flu virus, but a man-made superbug. They found a second strain of covid19, possibly a mutation.

Here's a worldwide infection status from JOhns hopkins universtiy, keep in mind the numbers are inaccurate due to untested or unaccounted people: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Since the governments and health organizations have failed to realize and contain it earlier (cases were found as early as November 2019, we as the citizens have to help each other to get through this H E LL. throw your ego out the window and focus on helping your community.

Save your newspapers, you might have to use them when the $hit tickets run out, no leaves on the trees to use as TP yet. Bottled water may run out. I have a bunch of brita water filters. Each filter would last a family about 2 months of filtered water.

God help us all.

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Bottled water may run out. I have a bunch of brita water filters. Each filter would last a family about 2 months of filtered water.

God help us all.
I'm a bit confused about the water. On my daily walk around my neighborhood's markets searching for toilet paper, I watched a market unload two huge skids of gallon sized water bottles. People were panicking like they haven't had water in a week. They were climbing over the top throwing the bottles to family members and loading their carts up until they couldn't possibly carry one more bottle. The moms were screaming orders to their young kids and in a brief moment, all the bottles were gone. I stood there wondering if I was missing some important bit of information. So I just went home and brewed a cup of tea with tap water. What am I missing??

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I'm a bit confused about the water. On my daily walk around my neighborhood's markets searching for toilet paper, I watched a market unload two huge skids of gallon sized water bottles. People were panicking like they haven't had water in a week. They were climbing over the top throwing the bottles to family members and loading their carts up until they couldn't possibly carry one more bottle. The moms were screaming orders to their young kids and in a brief moment, all the bottles were gone. I stood there wondering if I was missing some important bit of information. So I just went home and brewed a cup of tea with tap water. What am I missing??
Your missing an irrational mind mate! Forget about Bit-coin... loo roll and hand sanitizer are the new currencies.

·
Registered
550 Posts

Just came back from a grocery run. there were less people there than usual, but shelves remained stocked. Bought some more non-perishable foods to add to my pantry (rice,beans, pasta). Experts saying to stock up on food/water. Have at least 4 weeks supply of food reserves.

Most countries now are mandating a soft lockdown. But look at China they're implenting a hard lockdown for weeks now-everything closed including work, all there ports, airports closed. When cases spike to crazy high rates, governments will have to close down everything, quarantine everyone. Yes it's draconian but now seems like the best solution.

think about the future. weeks or in a couple months when the global supply chain is cut, and supplies run dry. Already the pharmacies are out of stock or are holding stock medicines for the hospitals, not dispensing to citizens.

The nightmare's just begun.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah, the great American economic opportunity. Here's an enterprising young chap. How'd that work out for ya? :D

If these profiteers had a shred of compassion and morality, they would donate these essential products to hospitals and first responders who'll need them most.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
If these profiteers had a shred of compassion and morality, they would donate these essential products to hospitals and first responders who'll need them most.
The good State of Tennessee's Attorney General just issued a cease and desist order while they investigate for "price gouging". These guys may want to "donate" their stash sooner than later. And hope for a good word from their neighbors.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Bought two tractors today. Both for parts. I may be able to get an engine from one and still have enough to get a second tractor running.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I'm in a bit of a crappy mood about the whole virus thing. In the last 48hrs our Govt has said we cant go to Australia without self isolating for 14 days so my Cali SBK school trip looks up in the air now.
Also they have banned public gatherings of 500 people or more so it looks like the round of the NZSBK champs I was supposed to be racing in the wkd after next will probably be canned too. I've got $300 worth of non refundable ferry tickets plus four nights accommodation etc etc blah blah...
At least I didnt drive all the way up there (760miles one way) to find this out like poor SBK did.
Humph 😖

·
Registered
411 Posts
Companies here have started to offer refunds for pre-purchased tickets/fares, in industries never before expected. Small compensation, but better than nothing. Hopefully, you will be surprised by the "refund fairy" before all is over. They may even decide to kick the racing season down the proverbial road and reschedule the whole agenda. It's not like the racers and fans have an available country to act as a "Safe Haven" to compete in safely.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm in a bit of a crappy mood about the whole virus thing. In the last 48hrs our Govt has said we cant go to Australia without self isolating for 14 days so my Cali SBK school trip looks up in the air now.
Also they have banned public gatherings of 500 people or more so it looks like the round of the NZSBK champs I was supposed to be racing in the wkd after next will probably be canned too. I've got $300 worth of non refundable ferry tickets plus four nights accommodation etc etc blah blah...
At least I didnt drive all the way up there (760miles one way) to find this out like poor SBK did.
Humph 😖
Will any of these businesses let you reschedule for free even if they aren't offering refunds? If not, that's going to be a lingering bad experience for more customers than just you. Not a good way to help their business grow after the inevitable recovery.

And yes, I'm trying to be optimistic that this will be a short sharp shock with a return to something reasonably close to normalcy in 6 months to a year. Maybe that's naïve.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Will any of these businesses let you reschedule for free even if they aren't offering refunds? If not, that's going to be a lingering bad experience for more customers than just you. Not a good way to help their business grow after the inevitable recovery.

And yes, I'm trying to be optimistic that this will be a short sharp shock with a return to something reasonably close to normalcy in 6 months to a year. Maybe that's naïve.
Looks like I may be able to get a credit note on my flights to use at a later date. It's not till may so hoping its short and sharp like you say. I contacted my travel ins company last night. Typically they are using the 31st of January when the first vendor from the fish market in Woohan went home and complained to his wife that he wasn't feeling well as the official start date of the Virus even though it wasnt in the news. I took my travel insurance out on the 9th of Feb...

521 - 540 of 586 Posts