Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

421 - 440 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Did yall see this??? :ROFLMAO: Baggers be racing!
Yeah, funny you bring that up...we have been talking about that at the WERA forums for a few days now.....I said over there what I will say here as well.........

The wise words of Shooter McGavin..."You know what else could draw a crowd? A golfer with an arm growing out of his a**"

Overall I sure hope this is a huge win for the sport as whole, bringing in more money, more sponsorships, more coverage, more support, more talent for the US to groom for Moto GP/SBK/etc.......but not to be negative Nolan here...but it has a slight smell of dumpster fire....not calling 911 just yet.......hoping its just my imagination and I am another loud mouth, rubber necking, noisy old man itching to make a 911 call

·
Registered
278 Posts
Did yall see this??? :ROFLMAO: Baggers be racing!
Could be interesting, and not necessarily like as in a train wreck. I've seen big bikes maneuvered in tight spaces quickly in a LEO contest, so perhaps baggers ridden by professionals will be able to be ridden well on a track.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Finished the bondo work on my hood. I feel like it turned out well, considering I didn’t have proper tools, and zero experience with any sort of body work. I used a palm sander and a dremel with a few attachments to form the molding angles. I’ll do a light sand and paint the final color this weekend. Hoping to possibly put the hood on and fire the old man up Sunday. I have owned it for almost two months and haven’t even ran it more than 30 seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Finished the bondo work on my hood. I feel like it turned out well, considering I didn’t have proper tools, and zero experience with any sort of body work. I used a palm sander and a dremel with a few attachments to form the molding angles. I’ll do a light sand and paint the final color this weekend. Hoping to possibly put the hood on and fire the old man up Sunday. I have owned it for almost two months and haven’t even ran it more than 30 seconds.
Good work. I'm in the same boat, in-experienced in that particular craft. I got a guy to make up a tail unit for the rear of my race bike a couple of years ago. When it arrived it was fresh out of the molds. I was like $hit, what do I do with this?? I bumbled my way through it never the less. Now I'm an expert 😄

·
Registered
278 Posts
I bumbled my way through it never the less. Now I'm an expert 😄
That's exactly how you become an expert. I once had an oddball assignment at work. Then everything else that came in which concerned that issue became my project because I was the "expert."

I genuinely wonder if that's how people get pigeonholed into obscure specialties.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Today I hung the first picture in our master bedroom. Yep, this looks lazy because we moved in last summer. But there's extenuating circumstances.

We decided to upgrade from a queen sized bed to a king, that bed wasn't in the house until November so the furniture placement also wasn't final until then. The room needed painting. The holidays arrived. We had decorating fatigue from doing the rest of the house. And we used pics that one or both of us liked in the public spaces, so what remains are things we're less enthused about. And I'm good at making excuses.

Next up is hanging pics in the finished basement. Then I'll get back to painting when we can open the windows. Or not. The problem with my being deadline oriented is that the house doesn't really need to be pretty everywhere until we sell it. And we're hoping to stay here until we need to go to an old folks home. With luck, that won't be for another 35 or 40 years. :giggle: I'll get it done by then, for sure!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Today I hung the first picture in our master bedroom.
And we're hoping to stay here until we need to go to an old folks home. With luck, that won't be for another 35 or 40 years. :giggle:
Baxter, you keep hanging those pictures and one of these days you'll be your Condo's "expert" and "go to" guy. Just remember, normal attrition will leave more widows than widowers. So, good luck being able to please that lot. You'll never get those pictures straight! ;)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Today I hung the first picture in our master bedroom. Yep, this looks lazy because we moved in last summer. But there's extenuating circumstances.

We decided to upgrade from a queen sized bed to a king, that bed wasn't in the house until November so the furniture placement also wasn't final until then. The room needed painting. The holidays arrived. We had decorating fatigue from doing the rest of the house. And we used pics that one or both of us liked in the public spaces, so what remains are things we're less enthused about. And I'm good at making excuses.

Next up is hanging pics in the finished basement. Then I'll get back to painting when we can open the windows. Or not. The problem with my being deadline oriented is that the house doesn't really need to be pretty everywhere until we sell it. And we're hoping to stay here until we need to go to an old folks home. With luck, that won't be for another 35 or 40 years. :giggle: I'll get it done by then, for sure!
Sounds like good winter work. Inside warm and dry. I'm just about to grab my helmet and blast round to a mates place to talk about bikes and racing and $hit.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We finished hanging the bedroom pictures today. It turned out that we just needed more stuff for it to look right, so a couple of pics we were thinking of using in the finished basement made the difference. The new place has cathedral ceilings, and trying to address the height while keeping everything balanced and proportionate is a new issue for us.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
We finished hanging the bedroom pictures today. It turned out that we just needed more stuff for it to look right, so a couple of pics we were thinking of using in the finished basement made the difference. The new place has cathedral ceilings, and trying to address the height while keeping everything balanced and proportionate is a new issue for us.
Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Random info placeholder:

Rotors, front - 310mm, all have same part numbers and mounting.
I would also suspect front wheels should be the same as well.

2006 - 2007 GSX-R 600/750
2005 - 2008 GSX-R 1000

·
Registered
570 Posts
fired the tractor up Sunday morning. and with the new muffler i am able to hear a bottom end knock on cyl 4. i have isolated it to cyl4, and it could be a main or rod bearing, or possibly the cylinder liner/sleeve is loose and moving with the piston. a good case of the mechanically induced depression set in for a while. i sat and felt sorry about it for a minute then started making a plan. i will check compression to get a gauge of top end condition, pull the oil pan and inspect journals and bearing surfaces for damage. pull the side covers and inspect camshaft lobes and lash. i am hoping i will be able to put a new set of mains and rod bearings in it and keep rolling. a complete overhaul would cost about 550-600 bucks for parts. thinking having the crank turned down would cost about 200 labor. really dont want to spend that right now. .... bottom end bearings would cost about $100, which is much better on my thinning wallet.
so the ninja 400 camshaft swap is getting kicked further down the road until i can finish this dang tractor

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
It's been proven in history that when you have a problem, taking a break for awhile will renew the passion to solve that problem. In the mean time, you could swap the cams and give us a great ride report....🤣 Just kidding YD. Your tractor rebuild is giving me ideas of buying and rebuilding an old skicat. But that likely won't happen until my house is completely finished. Building a house from scratch by myself is turning out to be a larger project than I thought.

·
Registered
911 Posts
fired the tractor up Sunday morning. and with the new muffler i am able to hear a bottom end knock on cyl 4. i have isolated it to cyl4, and it could be a main or rod bearing, or possibly the cylinder liner/sleeve is loose and moving with the piston. a good case of the mechanically induced depression set in for a while. i sat and felt sorry about it for a minute then started making a plan. i will check compression to get a gauge of top end condition, pull the oil pan and inspect journals and bearing surfaces for damage. pull the side covers and inspect camshaft lobes and lash. i am hoping i will be able to put a new set of mains and rod bearings in it and keep rolling. a complete overhaul would cost about 550-600 bucks for parts. thinking having the crank turned down would cost about 200 labor. really dont want to spend that right now. .... bottom end bearings would cost about $100, which is much better on my thinning wallet.
so the ninja 400 camshaft swap is getting kicked further down the road until i can finish this dang tractor
oh man that sucks.....be nice if it was just wore out journals and the crank and rods are good to go....but....depending on how long its been in that state......

·
Registered
570 Posts
oh man that sucks.....be nice if it was just wore out journals and the crank and rods are good to go....but....depending on how long its been in that state......
It happens. You can’t expect to buy a 70 year old piece of machinery and not have a good chance for major work needing done. It sucks, but I am not completely surprised either. I’ll have 3500 in this old gal before it’s all said and done.

421 - 440 of 446 Posts