Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting one. I'm thinking the fork stem one, or U bolt handle bar one. If any one you guys have one i'm curious on which one and how you like it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the x-grip phone mount for my other bike and am also looking for the best way to mount it on my Ninja400 since the method I used on me previous bike isn't an option.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the x-grip phone mount for my other bike and am also looking for the best way to mount it on my Ninja400 since the method I used on me previous bike isn't an option.

Which base did you have? The U-bolt would fit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Which base did you have? The U-bolt would fit.
I had one that screwed into the original mirror mount on the bike which was on top of the clutch perch (WR250R). Definitely not an option for these bikes so I need to find out what will work best to tuck in behind the windscreen without obstructing view of the dash, and not interfere with steering or the ignition/key.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one that screwed into the original mirror mount on the bike which was on top of the clutch perch (WR250R). Definitely not an option for these bikes so I need to find out what will work best to tuck in behind the windscreen without obstructing view of the dash, and not interfere with steering or the ignition/key.
Fork stem mount is the cleanest looking. No obstruction of anything. Even the U bolt handle bar mount looks like it wouldn't obstruct view of anything unless you have a really large phone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have tried the stem and the handlebar mount. Here is the stem one. It does not block anything (although it appears so in the picture):

I had some problems with excessive vibration on that one. When I went to remove it, it got stuck inside the stem and I had to drill it out. I ordered a new one, to see if I can reduce the vibes, since I don't think everyone has these issues.

On the bar mount, again, doesn't block anything...unless you are trying to tuck, and then I think it would bang on your helmet. I prefer the layout of the stem mount; I will try to get a pic of the bar mount one, later today.

Here you go:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have tried the stem and the handlebar mount. Here is the stem one. It does not block anything

I had some problems with excessive vibration on that one. When I went to remove it, it got stuck inside the stem and I had to drill it out. I ordered a new one, to see if I can reduce the vibes, since I don't think everyone has these issues.
Did you have any issues with installation? I recently bought the RAM mount for the center of my handlebars and I was wondering if you have any tips. How difficult (or easy) was it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still looking for the mount as well and like the look of center stem mount. Do you have any part# for the base stem? someone mentioned M10 with 1.25 pitch on the other thread https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0036G97DG...olid=3QQXYX9OJ0HUR&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it but it looks like it doesn't have enough thread/bolt length on the bottom to works properly?
Hi Noncil, I recently installed the center stem mount on my bike. I posted it here: https://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/125-parts-accessories/2599-ram-mount-stem-mount.html#post28047.
I bought mine from Amazon (US): http://a.co/d/hPwYoWj.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just got my Ram X mount, short arm, and 8mm bolt head mount. I chose the spot in the picture as it gives the cleanest install, most centrally located, low down position, that still gives good access to the key. I did have to get an M6 bolt x50mm, a washer, and a small spacer. Have to test ride it later...

When on the bike I can easily see above my phone to the dash.

Ignore the brand sticker I put over the ram logo...

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I have 3 balls! one on the right fer the RD, 'n a double on the left; one ball for GPS tracker, 'n one fer phone mount. They're U-bolts on handlebars, I keep as far apart as possible, cuz I don't like in the center where they interfere with turn'in the key or blocking gauges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts