Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my ram stem mount today in the mail. I look forward to installing it this weekend. Do you have any tips for installing it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just got my ram stem mount today in the mail. I look forward to installing it this weekend. Do you have any tips for installing it?
Fallow the directions but, When you mark the rubber to the cut line make sure its in as far as it will go before you mark the cut line.
Read the direction 3 times - you need to really understand the procedure proper like...!

I use my go pro and phone on it and love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Mike said. Just read the instructions a few times. It was honestly super easy and took me about 10 minutes to do. But you only get one chance to cut the core that goes into the stem so as Mike said press it in firmly and then make your mark. It's better to shave a bit of excess off than to not have enough material

·
Registered
23 Posts
I followed the directions and installed it this morning. It was a fairly easy process and there's a YouTube video on it

I took my time with cutting the rubber; I found that I had to trim it shorter than the 1" instruction in order to fit the stem. I rode this afternoon and everything stayed still as advertised. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
My "stem" Ram Mounts better, It has a phone on it. :devil:

My gawd.. thats not a phone its a friggin laptop!! How big of a head do you have, to hold a phone that large to it? :grin::nerd::grin:

Reactions: Mr Mike

·
Registered
656 Posts
My gawd.. thats not a phone its a friggin laptop!! How big of a head do you have, to hold a phone that large to it? :grin::nerd::grin:
Photo taken with a go pro. So its distorted.... I wear a small helmet my good man. Its a lrg phone none the less thou.

My ego is bigger then my phone... :grin:

·
Registered
440 Posts
You guys actually READ instructions? pfft..
After seeing Mr Mike's laptop installed on the stem I thought, heck, why not..
(yes, these first two lines is an attempt at humor)

I just got my stem kit in the mail.. so I will ask the
obvious question that no one brought up yet..
The plastic cap on the stem.. does it just PRY off or TURN off or what?
I'm thinking its just pressed in... but will toss the question to those that know.
Best way to keep it looking pretty to replace it if the stem is not what I end up liking?

Reactions: Mr Mike

·
Registered
440 Posts
You can easily pry it off. It takes minimal effort. I used a butter knife to pop it off. It's not a screw-on type.

Thanks..it was a very easy removal.. the only thing in the whole installation that worked right.. hahaha.. I should be the poster boy of "what will go wrong next"... its installed... I'm fine.. all is well.. lol.

WARNING: if you have a short ram extension do not drop it down between the tank and the steering column and expect it to fall all the way down to the ground.. an hour later I finally found where it was hiding under the plastic.. sigh.. way to funny... so when I dropped it I said a few words and then said what else could go wrong... at which time a COW...yes COW went Moooo... seems they broke the fence down and came over to visit me working on the bike..they been eyeing the flashy green for a month now.. no rides was given.. but it delayed the install another hour...sigh..

Overall... everything is working fine now.. I think.. thanks guys for the video and suggestions.. :grin::clap::grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anybody confirm if the Quadlock stem mount is actually compatible or the precise diameter of the stem hole?

·
Registered
292 Posts
This cell phone mount on a motorcycle business sounds like a really bad idea to me. I would recommend a Bluetooth helmet/device over cell phone access. I have the Bilt techno 2.0 helmet and the phone calls are easy to access and clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This cell phone mount on a motorcycle business sounds like a really bad idea to me. I would recommend a Bluetooth helmet/device over cell phone access. I have the Bilt techno 2.0 helmet and the phone calls are easy to access and clear.
Most people want them for gps which needs to be displayed, not so much music or calls.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Most people want them for gps which needs to be displayed, not so much music or calls.
I get what they are being used for as I have been using Navi systems for 20 years in my cars and riding motorcycles(street) for 30+. You don't need to look at a map when you have Bluetooth since the Navi program will give voice commands. On a motorcycle you need to stay focused on the road and what is happening around you at all times. Looking down at a phone while riding a motorcycle is a very bad idea regardless of the reason.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's just about ease of access and convenience. You look at your dash intermittently while riding, at lights, etc. Same deal with a phone. I would typically have Bluetooth on anyway. The phone is mounted as an added convenience and readily accessible if I need to pull over.

·
Registered
292 Posts
RAM mount, I love it. It must be short for...

"A device that is more likely to cause you to RAM into the back of a parked bus because you are looking at your phone mount."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts